12-04-2012 05:37 PM
My phone has been frozen all day. The past couple of days it's been really slow, then today it just completely froze. I've tried battery pulling about 6 times.. same results. I don't know what to do. It won't connect to the desktop manager. Can someone help me please?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-04-2012 05:41 PM
12-04-2012 06:01 PM
Same results as before. Black screen with the little hour glass thing. This is so fustrating. All I was doing before this happened was looking at my pictures lol. I'm not sure how much space i've got on there though..
12-04-2012 06:03 PM - edited 12-04-2012 06:08 PM
Actually, I was pressing the wrong button. Going to try again.
Refer to post above...
I'm not sure how these forums work. But I think i'm going to have to completely reset my phone. How do I do that?
12-04-2012 06:14 PM
12-04-2012 07:07 PM
OK. So, the device doesn't boot up at all? It just stays on the booting screen? Even when booting while holding the back key?
If so, you may have to reload the OS to the device, just as you said. Here are some instructions to do that. Keep in mind that if you don't have a backup already, you will lose all your data. Sorry...
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
4. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
12-05-2012 07:28 PM