Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Phone is Dead from Trying To Update OS

I'm having an absolutely Nightmare Experience with using DM so far.  

It installed fine, that's not the problem.

The main thing I was interested in doing was upgrading the OS because I've not been able to do so and I'd read that's why I'm having some of the problems I've been having with some of the 3rd party software I use.

I just posted in another thread that while it was supposedly upgrading the OS, it kept hanging up and I was stuck on the spinning hourglass.  For about 3 seconds the T-Mobile splash came up on my phone and it started to tell me something, but then DM kicked back in and now it's back stuck on this infinite loop "Loading OS - Do Not Disconnect Until Upgrade is Complete" .    My phone looks like it's turned off... I have no idea whatsoever what it's doing.  From what I can tell it's just getting to a certain point and freezing, but then I can't use my phone.  My phone is totally useless now, giving me a "507" error, not being recognized by computer, nothing.  I don't know what to do about it I'm not finding any resources or information on how to rectify this.  This is a disaster I thought this was going to take 20-60 minutes and instead it's been 2 hours of misery.  Any help is appreciated.

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Phone is Dead from Trying To Update OS

Error 507 simply means no OS on the device is recognized.

Can you get to a PC and try this?

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

If that doesn't work, You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

No, I don't have access to a PC.  I have to say that it's annoying that's the only answer RIM has going for most Mac problems.

I wish I could say I had a logical, step-by-step fix for what happened but sadly I do not.  I basically had to stare at my phone and just CHANT that it would come back to life long enough for the computer to recognize it again.  It did, and I was able to re-install the OS.  To say that I will NEVER be using this DM software again would be an understatement.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830 WE

go here to fix a bricked device on a mac:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/how-un-brick-blackberry-mac-336488/

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

TD, you don't have to use a PC, but from my experience, it is just a less error-prone process on the PC.

And I agree, it shouldn't be so difficult on the Mac... but we're dealing with reality here, not wishes.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code