Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

Phone is not charging when plugged in

Hey There,

So I have a blackberry 9300 that I use on the Mobilicity network. My charging port broke off that, so I have been using an older 8520 with no sim card to charge my 9300

Usually, I just pop the battery out and put it into the older one, and it charges in about an hour. 

The last time I did this was on Friday. Last night, I tried charging my battery using the same method, and it stopped working. The phone recognized that it was plugged in (it changed screens to the clock) but the phone then freezes and doesn't charge.

I googled around today, and reinstalled the OS through my PC (Desktop software recognized it and let me do it) but it still didn't charge. I know its getting some power because its still on, and its super red battery level.

This didn't help though, and I'm still experiencing this issue.

What should I do? I'm slightly freaking out, because I haven't been able to backup my 9300 since the port broke (in February)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks! 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z30 STA100-3
My Carrier: PureTalk

Re: Phone is not charging when plugged in

[ Edited ]

[quote]What should I do? I'm slightly freaking out, because I haven't been able to backup my 9300 since the port broke (in February) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! [/quote]

You could either have the charging port repaired on your 9300, find a cheap working unit for sale that takes the same battery or buy one of those docks you insert a battery into and recharge it that way. Good luck with what ever route you try.