Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

Phone keeps freezing

hi i've been having problems with my blackberry curve 9300 for the past month, ive had this one since just befor christmas, quite offten now i get the timer come up on my screen and i cant do anything for sometimes hours, i have done a software update and i end all my apps every night but it still happens ive even wiped everything off my phone and still getting the same problem.

this happened with my last blckberry aswel but i sent that one off and your company didnt know what was wrong with it and it got sent back to be with even more problems than it did have.

is there a way of resolving this without sending it off?

thanks,

Charlotte

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Phone keeps freezing

Hi Charlotte,

Can you answer a few questions which will hopefully help us figure out what it could be?

1.) Have you tried a battery pull? While the device is on, remove the battery, wait 15-30 seconds, reinsert the battery and wait for the device to reboot. Does this help?

2.) What is the available app memory? Go to Options > Device > Storage and let us know what value is shown for Application Storage.

3.) What OS version are you running? You can get this info by going to Options > Device > About Device Versions. It's the number listed after the v (e.g. 6.0.0.567).

Give us this information and hopefully we can help out.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

1) yes i have tried a battery pull, it doesnt help,

2) the available app memory is 40.5 MB,

3) i am running on OS version 6.0.0.600

Hopefully i have answered your questions correctly and i hope you can help resove my problem

thanks,

Charlotte 

Elite I

Ok, thanks Charlotte,

Let me see what I can find and I'll get back to you when I have more info. Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

thanks Smiley Happy

Elite I

[ Edited ]

Hi CharllyG,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I've been trying to find any issues with the specific OS version you're on and I haven't found anything that would give me reason to go "aha!"

That said, I just checked the Vodafone UK download site and it seems that they actually have a more recent OS version available (OS 6.0.0.668).

Try using the method here to reload and update the OS at the same time: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Also make sure that you redownload all of your apps fresh, just in case its an app causing an issue for you.

That will hopefully get rid of your issue! If you're on a Vodafone carrier from another country, let me know and I'll double check that for you as well.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: 9360,Rem71uw
My Carrier: MTN

Hi Charlotte,I had the same problem as well,and fixed it by unticking "enable compression and meadia card support under options>device>storage.