Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

Phone keeps locking up!

Almost every time I flip open my phone, it takes anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds to respond. The clock will still be showing the time from when I last used it. Took the phone to Sprint and they fixed it for a couple weeks, but they said if it starts happening again I would have to deal with Blackberry. Suggestions?

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Phone keeps locking up!

Hi gregkg1,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Try backing up your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and performing a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software.

For further instructions, see the following KB article. How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows. www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb11320
Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

If the software reload resolves the issue, please do a selective restore of only essential data as shown in this KB article: How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file. www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Hope this helps.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!