Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860 RDP71UW
My Carrier: Bell

Phone keeps rebooting

My device will reboot itself whenever it pleases. It started doing this about a week ago while I was on vacation out of the continent. After rebooting itself at first it would search for network and as soon as it seemed to find any it would reboot itself again. More recently it will let me send a text or check twitter for a couple minutes before rebooting itself. It also seems to go in patterns, in the morning it will reboot itself back to back maybe 6-10 times, and then 2-3 times for the rest of the afternoon and then again around 630 for the past three days it will go into the constant reboot mode for a while (it is currently in one of those moods as I type). I have called into Bell (my service provider) and all the help I got was to try pulling the battery and sim card and wait a couple minutes. They then suggested that I go in and get my sim card replaced as sometimes when you change time zones the phone can struggle to tell when it has actually come back into Canada and it will reboot itself. Pulling the battery did not work so I went into the store today and they ran a health check and there was nothing wrong with it all updates had been performed and there was nothing physically wrong with the phone. When I explained what I was told on the phone, they informed me that my sim card should not be causing any of the problems and I had three options, pay to send my phone away to be fixed, take my phone home and reset it to factory standards, or pay to have them reset it to factory standards.

I am looking to hear what some others have to say about other ways to stop my phone from rebooting that doesn't include resetting it to factory settings

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: Phone keeps rebooting

Hello

I'd suggest to remove your SD card, and use your phone without it to check if there's difference. If the SD card is the cause, move all your data on it to your PC and format the SD card.
Also you may need to uninstall some 3rd party apps to diagnose if there's an app is the culprit.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals

Developer
My Device: Playbbook
My Carrier: TATA Docomo

I thing its prob. with 3rd party app not with SD card..... but keep safe side, try both
New Contributor

I have now gone in and had my sim card reprinted, I have also just completed the process of resetting my phone to factory settings, and I again continue to have my phone reboot, even though it is a knew sim card and the phone is wiped. There is nothing on the phone, all I have done to my reset phone is log back into BBM. So... any other suggestions
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Hi attempt

Sorry the problem persist in your 9860. There's some possibilities and guesses IMHO as per your explanations chronologically:
1. Did you restore your apps/data after factory reset/wipe?
2. Is there SD card inside?
3. Your built in media storage may contain error and updating your OS to the latest version (if yours is not up-to-date yet) might solve the problem.

Please provide with more details that will help us much better‎ to find solutions. 

Happy weekend.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals

New Contributor

1. I have restored some of my applications, and I do not have a data plan; just social networking (Facebook and Twitter)

2. No I do not have any form of extra memory, just the phone itself

3. I have not yet tried starting my phone in safe mode 

3 (number two). I have had a 'health check' done and all my software is up to date and nothing came up in the health check