Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: 02

Phone lock 9700

I am on my second 9700 due to my first one having a lot of issues.

My new phone is perfect except for one thing. When I lock my screen and unlock it I am no longer asked for a password which I was always previously asked for.

Can anyone shed any light on how I can get this working again. If I press the lock button on the system then yes I am asked but if I press the physical button on the phone this just does not happen

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Phone lock 9700

This is new in later versions of OS 5.0.  The lock button only locks/unlocks the keypad. 

If you want to password lock the device, then either wait for the timeout or click on the "password lock" icon.  If you disable "dial from home screen" then you can use the letter "k" to password lock the device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!