Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Phone locking up

Device Software upgrade for AT&T OS 4.5 for Blackberry Curve 8310 Device. This is the other thread!! I'm not sure what he ment. The guys name is Nuangel1 that put that post

I answered you as to how i am installing the media and to what forms i was using, any suggestions to that?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

nah, I am exiting this stage left.

I've tried my best to ask certain specific questions that just seem to go unanswered.

Good luck with it.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Hey JSanders i really appreciate your help and i am not trying to sound impatient,I just want my phone to work right. I have put music on my media card and videos and it dont lock up, i am going to instal a couple pic's and see if it does it then.

And i know this isnt a 8130 forum but i dont feel like listening to that Bif guy say not to update you phones. But is there an update for the 8130 phone? and if so can you send the link?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sarge454 wrote:

Hey JSanders i really appreciate your help and i am not trying to sound impatient,I just want my phone to work right. I have put music on my media card and videos and it dont lock up, i am going to instal a couple pic's and see if it does it then.

You are welcome. I wanted your phone to work right also, but it takes two to tango.

Sarge454 wrote:
And i know this isnt a 8130 forum but i dont feel like listening to that Bif guy say not to update you phones. But is there an update for the 8130 phone? and if so can you send the link?

What are you talking about, who is Bif and why do you need the 8130 OS?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I have installed a couple pic's on my media card and no lock up. I will try a couple more.

And as far as the lockup, it is in all the areas you stated on an ealier post.

His name is Bifocals, and he is opposed to updating phones untill the carrier makes it availible. 

Do you know of any updates for the BB 8130 pearl? 

Contributor

I figured out what is causing my phone to lock up.

I installed about 50 songs on my media card and my phone still worked, I installed 5 video's on my media card and phone still works, I put a couple pic's on my card all ok, I put a pic that the pixels was 1240x1024 and locked my phone up, Any reason as to why it would do that?

Highlighted
Contributor

My phone locks up only when i put certian pic's on it.

Does anyone know of a cure for this?

The pic's i put on are random and not sure why it locks up the phone?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Sarge454 wrote:

HI,

I think that Bif guy was trying to help, must have seemed logical to him.

I'm going to watch him and see if he starts preaching too much.  Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-05-2008 05:26 PM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-05-2008 05:28 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

[ Edited ]
Dear Sarge454,

I received a private message from you, asking for help for a specific issue. I hence looked at all the messages you have posted so far (they are concentrated into 4 or 5 discussions). I have read every single contributions of yours to this forum. Here are my conclusions.

• You have bought a device and are happy with it apart from the media problems.
  • You have asked for help on a free of charge forum, which contributors are people who have like you bought a device and are happy with it and may have too asked questions here.
  • You have had numerous answers, from very kind people that tried their best to isolate the problem, and who gave you possible solutions.
  • The solutions did not seem to work, but the questions people asked you in order to more efficiently help you were not followed by you.
  • After asking the question once, you have :
    1. asked the question in another discussion, scattering the attention of the remaining people willing to help you
    1. pinged the discussions as if people were like animals requiring you to lash them for them to obey you
    2. given very rude comments about the way people were trying to help you
    3. annoyed me by sending me a private message saying all others were nonexistent people, just as if that would make me more incline to help you than just me reading your questions when I decide it's time for me to read your question that is among the 1934 messages I have not yet read on the "Blackberry Curve" board. Nevertheless, it worked. I read all your questions. so now I am irritated.

Therefore, even if I have the answer (be assured that I do have it), I am not at all willing to give the answer you (really) deserve. Instead, I shall be as non-existent as my fellow contributors, and thus only kindly give you one answer to choose between these two (non-exclusive if you happen to want both) :

• please STFW
  • return your Curve and buy a Zune

comment : as this post is supposed to be courteous, STFW of course means "search the fine web". I mean it.

Message Edited by Xandrex on 10-06-2008 12:16 AM

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I started to have the lock-ups on my Curve 8310 this morning. I suspect that what is causing

it is that I copied a large number of music files to my 8GB sandisk microSD card; during the

all-night copy (next time, I'll use a flashcard read dongle instead of leaving the phone on),

the flashcard filesystem got corrupted. I took the flashcard out, and now the curve works

okay - no locking up.

What I recommend doing (and I'll try this later today) is to completely re-format the flashcard,

put it back into the curve - so that it detects it, and creates it's directory-tree, remove the

flashcard, and do my music filecopy using my external USB flashcard reader device.

Jon C