Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530 v5.0.0.328 (Platform 4.2.0.128)
My Carrier: Verizon

Phone randomly trying to restart ~2-3 times until it finally works...but with no battery left

Okay, the past two days around the same time my storm restarts on its own (not uncommon) and it takes about two or three times before it finally works, but when it stops restarting, the battery is almost completely dead (yesterday) or completely dead with not enough power to connect to my network (today). it's happened a total of three times in the past 4 days, while i was on the internet. I have no idea what might be causing it. anyone have an idea? thanks 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Phone randomly trying to restart ~2-3 times until it finally works...but with no battery left

alright...well i found a fix. its called the Droid. its pretty legit. so much better than the bb storm. dont get me wrong, i loved my storm just as much as the next guy but its old technology. the droid has a billion sweet apps that the blackberry cant compete with. 

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Phone randomly trying to restart ~2-3 times until it finally works...but with no battery left

Very good solution. Congras Smiley Happy

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hkbdg wrote:

the droid has a billion sweet apps that the blackberry cant compete with. 

hello !

can you list some ? Thanks.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

[ Edited ]

1. Click, Link, Compete - Pair w\ a friends droid via bluetooth and play air hockey. (they are supposedly making more games for it soon)

2. gmote - use your phone as a wireless remote/mouse for your computer.

3. Google Sky Map (don't know is they have this for the storm because i haven't used it in forever) - locates you by gps and you can search for any constellation/ planet and it will point you right at it.

4. Hoccer (i believe the iPhone has this too) you select any file on your phone and you "throw" it to another phone with hoccer.

5. Google maps with VOICE NAVIGATION! Smiley Very Happy - Self explanatory 

6. Metal detector - (just for fun) 

7. Omegle - Omegle.... on your phone

8. Set CPU - Overclock up to 1.2GHz (if you're rooted) and it's still stable

9. Android Market (doesn't take 5 minutes to load pictures and a name for apps unlike bb app store) 

10. Live wallpapers - makes your phone even more awesome (standard in android 2.1 i believe) 

11. AndroZip - file manager that can unzip files 

12. Google goggles - (again i dont know if storm has this) take a picture of something and (most of the time but not always) you can find it on google.

13. Handcent SMS - much better than the plain default messaging app for the droid. Can make it look like iPhone messaging if you so please. Even lets you add a signature automatically (again, i dont know if they changed that on storm yet, but people were complaining so its possible.)

14. iMusic (people try to copy **bleep** from apple to make the phone like an iPhone (i dont know why)) - search and download music for free.

15. HandyCalc - free graphing/ scientific calculator 

15b. Matrix Calculator - used in my math analysis class when i forgot my normal calculator and it works perfectly

16. eBuddy - MSN, yahoo, AIM, Google Talk, Myspace, ICQ(whatever that is), and Facebook messengers all in one app.

17. Wireless Tether (DroidMod ROM) - use your phone's network as WiFi for WiFi enabled devices (phone, Computer, whatever)

18. Tube Downloader Free - Download videos from youtube. Can also extract music from videos and save it as an mp3 or AAC.

19. PrinterShare - Connects w\ any Windows based computer and prints documents from your phone ($5 to unlock printing directly to WiFi capable printers =/)

Voice search for directions 

Voice search -> Google

Free Voice To Text! very handy if you dislike typing everything. 

Random-no memory leaks! and it doesn't take 5 minutes to restart (its about 45 secs. if its being slow)

Plus thousands more. Smiley Very Happy