04-18-2009 11:50 PM
04-19-2009 04:42 AM
Use JL_cmder application to wipe your device OS. Click this link for details.
Check steps below for OS upgrade by installing device OS in the PC -
Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the Computer.
Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.
Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:
1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager
2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager
3. Double-click Backup & Restore
4. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases
5. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save
To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:
1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager
2. Double-click the Application Loader icon
3. Click Next to start the installation process
4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK
5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next
6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
7. Click Next.
8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process
9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly
10. Click Next -> Finish
11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appearClick Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
03-06-2010 07:00 PM
I've got the same problem with my new Storm 2 9520 and found this thread while googling for a solution. I wiped my device as described, but when trying to install the OS I still have the same problem (hangs while connecting to boot ROM). Now my device is wiped and I can't install an OS. Help please!
03-06-2010 10:21 PM
Ok, I installed Windows XP on my notebook and for some reason it worked now. Before I was using a WinXP VMWare on Linux for OS updates, which worked fine for my old Storm 9500. With the new Storm 2 9520 it doesn't. Really weird.
08-13-2010 08:48 PM
When it got to the boot rom step, I simply unplugged my usb cord and battery as quickly as possible and put the battery back in and plugged the usb back in and it connected to the boot rom. so far this has worked, I am on the last step as I type this
11-07-2010 01:29 AM - edited 11-07-2010 01:44 AM
I had the same problem and blacky wont bootup, when i looked at the blackberry driver in the control panel i saw the driver had a error yellow !
So i installed the blackberry usb driver again and after that my problem was fixed and blacky bootup normal and continuous os update.
01-29-2011 02:31 AM
This website has a good solution. It seems to work for most people. My 8100 wasn't nuked, but I needed to reinstall the OS. I followed his instructions and it worked.
I don't know if we're allowed to post links on this forum, but I'll try. If it doesn't allow the link, then Google "crackberry reload operating system nuked blackberry" and it should be the first link. Just look for the crackberry site.
Here's the link (hopefully):
01-03-2012 07:15 PM - last edited on 01-03-2012 07:20 PM by Chronos
If you r in jamaica i have the solution that will get you phone up and running again. all those phones that will not pass connecting boot Rom. contact me: <Private Content Removed>