Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Phone vibrates and flashes when there is no message/email/call...

I have had my Blackberry 8220 Flip for a little over a week and every once in a while, maybe twice or three times a day, the phone vibrates and flashes for no apparent reason.  I'm not sure what is causing this, but it is annoying since I think I have a call or message and there is nothing there.  Please help, I know this is simple, but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks. 

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8220 & BB 8900

Re: Phone vibrates and flashes when there is no message/email/call...

Could it be calendar appointment alarms?

I don't think it is Calendar appointment alarms since I don't have any set.  But the vibrating and LED flashing tends to happen about 15 minutes after an email or message.

Super Contributor

Did you try to do a battery pull to reboot the phone, this will sometimes correct things. You may want to check the version of your OS (operating system) as there may be a more stable version. Personally I prefer 180 and have had no problems with it.
My Device: 8830 World Edition

I have an 8830 that does the same thing - blinking status lights and "phantom" vibrations that produce no new messages, calendar alerts, anything. I couldn't find a relatable post under the 8800 series device heading.

I sympathize with original poster, it's frustrating! During the workday my profile is set only to notify for SMS and phone calls. I'll be getting vibrations like mad, or step away from my desk and return to find the blinking red light (as I type this, it's blinking, and I have no messages or any kind)... makes me think I'm losing my mind!
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Phone vibrations are caused by High intensity bursts of extremely-low frequency electromagnetic fields EMF which your phone is producing.

info. from Ole Johansson Sweden.   info. ES 

I personally wouldn't advisable anyone to carry a phone to close to ones body, i.e. palpation's if carried near heart, tremors on nervous system. Overload on body.  

Message Edited by spinneyhorse on 04-27-2009 06:11 PM

I have an 8830 and it too is doing the same thing right now.  It's incredibly frustrating.  I've had it happen before, but it only happens once or twice a month.

Super Contributor

Have you opened the message folder, click menu button and select view folders and look in all the folders for unread messages. Mainly the browser messages folder.
New Contributor