Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Phone will not boot

Ok....... so my phone asked me if I wanted to update Blackberry messenger and I decided sure why not.......  Afterwards it said I needed to reboot, do I want to do it now or later, so I said sure go ahead.

My phone shut off and wouldn't come back on........ the red light comes on for approximately 10 seconds (Counted) then goes off for approximately 6 seconds (again, counted).  No button's will bring the phone back on, no amount of soft booting, hard booting or double booting will bring it back on.  Pulling the battery does nothing.

When I plug the phone into my computer I get the normal sound it makes to let me know the phone is there....... When the red light goes off I get the noise telling me my phone is no longer connected.  Both sounds go off every time the light comes on and goes off.....

It seems.... that the phone is turning on, and then powering off after 10 seconds, but that is pure speculation......  The computer will not register that the phone is there however....... even when I remove the battery I get the exact same results...... nothing changes no matter what I do.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Phone will not boot

Try removing the battery and connecting the phone to the computer,  Do you get any joy then?

Trelos_77 wrote:

Ok....... so my phone asked me if I wanted to update Blackberry messenger and I decided sure why not.......  Afterwards it said I needed to reboot, do I want to do it now or later, so I said sure go ahead.

My phone shut off and wouldn't come back on........ the red light comes on for approximately 10 seconds (Counted) then goes off for approximately 6 seconds (again, counted).  No button's will bring the phone back on, no amount of soft booting, hard booting or double booting will bring it back on.  Pulling the battery does nothing.

When I plug the phone into my computer I get the normal sound it makes to let me know the phone is there....... When the red light goes off I get the noise telling me my phone is no longer connected.  Both sounds go off every time the light comes on and goes off.....

It seems.... that the phone is turning on, and then powering off after 10 seconds, but that is pure speculation......  The computer will not register that the phone is there however....... even when I remove the battery I get the exact same results...... nothing changes no matter what I do.

Developer
My Device: Passport + PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

If I was in you position I would try a wipe and OS reinstall.

Do you have a previous backup? Or at least, can you accept to loose all data in your backberry (notes, mails configs, pictures, etc)?

BES12 administrator for several customers.
"SMPTE Calculator" timecode APP developer for BB10
New Contributor

Yeah, I can get all of that stuff back without too many problems.  How can I wide it without being able to turn it on though?

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Hello i installed this app and after installation phone rebooted on its own and now wont boot again so please will you also assist me please as i am in the sam condition thanks

Developer
My Device: Passport + PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

There are just many ways to wipe or wipe and  reinstall os onto a blackberry.

One of my favourites is http://www.berryreview.com/2008/08/28/faq-how-can-i-wipe-my-blackberry-with-a-broken-keyboard/

Remember this is not the solution, just a first step I would make.

Good luck

BES12 administrator for several customers.
"SMPTE Calculator" timecode APP developer for BB10
New Contributor

The problem is the computer won't register the phone, any time there is power to the phone it cycles through powering on and powering off.  It seems to be on for 10 seconds then off for 6 seconds, or possibly vice versa.

So how could I do anything with the phone if it powers off in the middle of what I am doing.....

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V