Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

Phone won't turn on??

I went to click my phone to re-light up the screen but when I did it just went black and the LED light just wouldn't go off. I tried to do a battery pull, which usually fixes everything with a Blackberry. When I did and put it back in after, the hour glass came up and seemed like it was going to load, but then the screen went black, then it went white, and then black again and the LED light lit up and then would re-flash every approximately 10 seconds. I tried doing another battery pull and the same thing happened. I'm not sure what's going on, this hasn't happened before. Any clues?? I'm worried there's something really wrong.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Phone won't turn on??

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you need to reload the device OS, use the procedure in the link below.  Once reloaded you can restore your personal data and device settings using your last full backup file. If you need to download the device or desktop software use the attached the link.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB03621 How to reload device software and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software

KB12532 How to download the most recent versions of BlackBerry Device Software and BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

I don't really understand what you're telling me. So would I need to plug it into my computer to do it or what? If it won't even turn on, how am I supposed to do that?

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Have you used Blackberry desktop software to add applications or device software to your Curve before?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter