Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Phone wont reboot, red light on

Hello,

So my phone stared shutting itself off.  It won't reboot.  Instead of turning on, a red light comes on, stays on for a few seconds, and then shuts off. And the cycle repeats.  It has been doing it for 8 hours today.  It was doing it last night as well,  I finally got it to turn on after 3 hours.  But today it hasn't.   I have tried connecting it to my computer.  It says it can't connect because the battery is dead or it is resetting, which both are not true.  I have tried pulling the battery numerous times, nothing helps.  I took the matter to AT&T. They don't know what is going on either.  The phone is about a year and 4 months old and its up to date.  So I don't know what is going on or if it is even fixable.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Phone wont reboot, red light on

Hi there, it should be able to be fixed using the method in the link below:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If your phone can't connect to the computer (second screen in the Loader.exe step), unplug the phone and remove the battery, then plug your BlackBerry back in. As soon as your PIN or UNKNOWNSmiley TongueIN shows in the appropriatw box, click Next. If you miss it, don't worry, just unplug the phone again and plug it back in to try again. Once your computer has connected to your phone, you can reinsert the battery and proceed with reloading the OS.

Unfortunately all of your phone's data will be wiped, but you may be able to recover some of it if you had BlackBerry Protect installed on your phone, or if you had a prior backup.

Good luck and feel free to post back if you have any questions. Let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

When I get to the device application selection, it says in the box "the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administratior".  When I try clicking on any of the backups I have done under add, it says "there is an xml syntax error on line 2" and says it isnt compatiable.

Elite I

Hmm... Is the phone an AT&T branded phone? Or is it an unlocked phone from another carrier?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
Elite I

Just to be safe, delete the file named Vendor.xml located in the same folder as the Loader.exe file, then try reloading the OS again. Note: you won't be able to restore your backups until the OS has been reloaded and your phone has successfully booted back up.