Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: Cable and Wireless - Barbados

Phone wont register on 3G Network

Hi, I have an unlocked device originally from T-mobile and now I am in Barbados and the phone will not register on Cable and Wirless' (LIME) 3G network. Even when I do a manual scan it is only showing up Digicel. In reading online it seems that T-Mobile uses different bands for their 3G than some of the other providers. Is there a way to change it? I have seen mention of changing the vendor ID as the bands maybe dictated by software but I have not found anyone that was successful in doing this?

Any ideas? Let me know. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Phone wont register on 3G Network

If your present carrier uses different frequencies than the ones used by the phone before the unlocking, you're out of luck.  It's always a risk when unlocking a phone to another carrier because just because that model of phone is offered by the new carrier, there's no guarantee that the phone you're bringing over to the new carrier will work.

I hope that clears things up for you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.