Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Phone wont turn on

Hi my blackberyy bold 9780 decided to die on me during the night, not 100% sure if it was because of low battery.. but now it refuses to go on. When i plug it in to a charger the redlight comes on for a couple of seconds but thats all it does. Just wondering if anyone can help.. Ive already tried leaving it to charge for a few hours and used different chargers. Thanks.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Phone wont turn on

Hey ClaireMacPhee,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would suggest reloading the device software again and test before restoring the backup file.

Have a look at the following article on how to force the detection of the BlackBerry® smartphone using Application Loader to reload the OS http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

If this resolves the issue do a selective restore of essential data (Address Book, Calendar, Task, Memos, BBM contacts etc.)
How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

If the issue still persists after the reload, further investigation might be required. To help further diagnose the cause, contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10
My Carrier: Fido Canada

Re: Phone wont turn on

Not sure if you have tried the simpler approach that many have used in this situation to kickstart the battery, if indeed it is the battery. Now you may want to try this several times before giving up on it as some have found that once did not work but after a repeating cycle it finally picked up and began Charging/Rebooting.

Use a Plug in adapter/charger, remove the battery and plug in the charger, quickly insert the battery and see if it reboots. If not repeat several times.. Hope this helps and simply solves your problem.

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")