Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Phones delete the call log

The phone for some reason keeps deleting the call log and messages every few days!!  What can I do about this
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Phones delete the call log

I believe that usually indicates a lack of memory.  If you're not using a memory card, you might want to get one.  Some things you can do to help keep your memory cleaned up:  Left click when you are in your browswer and go to options.  Go to cache operations and clear/delete everything in there.  If you have a RIM with a camera, try going into the apps page > options> security options > memory cleaning.  Enable it and then save by left clicking.  If you have a lot of ringtones and pics stored on your phone, try moving them to a memory card.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Alltel 8830

There is a lot of things one can do to free up memory beyond what jojo said.

1. Do a battery pull.

2. While at the home screen hold the ALT key and type LGLG this pulls up the event log this can get quiet large. pull up the menu and clear it.

3. That cool demo video is a real memory hog DUMP IT!!!

4. The preinstalled wall paper is also memory intensive move it to the SD card or just dump it.

5. Being multilingual in today’s world is almost a necessity but your Berry doesn’t need to be pick a language and dump the rest.

This is just the tip of the ice berg just keep in mind that if you dont use it dump it, if you need something later you can always reinstall it.

There is only two reasons to ever get into this field either as a hobby or a career, frustration and fascination. Unfortunately no matter which one has led you here today, I guarantee it will eventully lead to the other.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
If the women don't find you handsome, and I'm quessing they don't, they should at least find you handy.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Could you send the file free and file total numbers found in options - status

Are you seeing emails, and texts disappearing before they should?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter