Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Pictures look funny all chrome ghostly looking

I have all my setting correct in the menu for pictures but when i get a text message with a picture or if i take a picture it look all funny chrome and ghostly white looking.          I click camera and then options there

default flash  on

image stabilization on

white balance    sunny

picture size      large

picture quality normal

color effect     normal

geotagging      disabled

I don't understand is there a glitch in the software or a problem with the blackberry or do i have a setting incorrect because i would really like to see a color picture normal not like a night vision chrome ghostly white picture.. If anyone knows whats wrong any help would be kuwl......

Regular Contributor

Re: Pictures look funny all chrome ghostly looking

Change the picuture quality to "Superfine" and you should see an improvement.  I also have my White Balance set to Automatic.  If you're taking shots inside or outside really helps to determine which White Balance setting to use.  I've also used the Incandescent option for White Balance when taking pictures inside and have been very pleased with the results.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Changed my settings like you have posted and still the same thing.

So i took some pictures to show whats happening, Funny thing

is on my phone there white ghostly like night vision

but when i transfered them to my computer the pictures changed to color.

So to show the difference i took a picture of a picture the 1 in color is on

my lap top and the white niter vision looking 1 is still on my phone.

I just don't know whats going on any help please......

photo below is on my phone the way my phone looks

[IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/chaser435/0117091524-01.jpg[/IMG]

second photo is the transfer to lap top which changed to color

[IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/chaser435/IMG00003-20090115-1854.jpg[/IMG]

I'm not sure what the rules are on this site so if there is no links posting please don't ban me !!!!

but if some1 knows why my phone looks like that much help please !!!!!

Message Edited by chaser435 on 01-17-2009 06:47 PM
Regular Contributor

That is weird.  I take it that all pictures you take with your Storm look like that?  Do you have any good quality pictures that were not taking with your Storm stored on your PC?  If you do, copy one or two over to your Storms media card.  Do the pics copied from the PC to the Storm display like they are night vision pics?   
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 950

I don't want to sound obnoxious, (really), but did you remove the protective plastic from the lens and flash that shipped with the phone? Or, possibly you are using a protective skin that doesn't fit quite right? Hey, I'd hate to think that it could be that simple and didn't speak up. Good luck with all.
New Contributor

Hey thanks storm9530 all pictures in my phone look like that no matter where they come from text, captured, uploaded from computer. But when i take a picture it looks like night vision pissing me off it is .....

Hey Kaulfurst do u always talk to people like they are stone cold stupid,   I bet u think everybody can get lost in a closet whats next u going to ask if i can turn a nob and open a door....Wouldnt it be that easy if it was that huh, plastic is off dude even got the invisibleshield on it not the problem cause i just took it off and took a picture and put it back on......

I'm going to take it in Monday and if it is the phone I'm getting a new one for shure.....

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 950

Based on that reaction, I guess it was right to point out the obvious. Good luck.
New Contributor

Its not the plastic cause i only have invisibleshield which is a protector and i don't think they would sell something that would mess up your phone...... Off or on it doesn't make a difference cause it did it right after i bought it when i took off the plastic when i took it out of its package.....thanks for the post though stay kuwl Kaulfurst....
Regular Contributor

Check the following setting:  Options/Advanced Options/Accessibility.  Make sure the Color Contrast setting is set to Normal. 

New Contributor

Ha that was it, I wounder why it makes the pictures look weird I changed it cause it made the icon page look kuwl but it shouldn't effect the pictures.........   Nice job Storm9530 I wounder on the next update they could make a option to where you can customize cert-in things u want and than it wont effect the whole phone cause with it on it makes the icons white instead of all black which i thought it looked better. Thanks storm9530.