Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Pictures

I have a Sprint Curve 8330. I am told I cannot open pictures if they are attachments on an email. The only way to get pictures on the BB is through Desktop Manager. Is there a way around this? A program I could download that will allow picture downloads? Thanks
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Pictures

[ Edited ]

That is strange. I know Sprint does have true MMS messaging (you have to go to picture mail in order to see MMS messages) but I thought you could download picture attachments via e-mail. Have you not been able to do this?

Update: My wife has Sprint and is using a BlackBerry Pearl 8130. I just sent her an e-mail with a picture attached and she is able to open it without issue, so this isn't a limitation on Sprint.

Message Edited by JeremyKitching on 05-22-2008 12:51 PM
Regular Contributor
My Device: Verizon 8330

Do you get an error message? Or when you hightlight the attachment does it not have the option to 'open attachment' displayed?

You might want to backup the unit using the desktop manager and try a security wipe and restore your data and see what happens.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Funny. I can open some pictures (email jokes, etc) but when I sen dmyself a photograph, even a down-sized one, I do not get the option to open it