Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Piece of junk

I vote that the Subject line of this thread be changed to be more specific to the user's problem in order to help others in the future now that it's been marked as Solved.

New Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm

I wouldnt call this solved. It has a long ways to go to be a good device. Id look at it as a reason not to purchase this device.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)

Rahlstin wrote:
I wouldnt call this solved.

But you did...  ???

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Rahlstin wrote:
I wouldnt call this solved. It has a long ways to go to be a good device. Id look at it as a reason not to purchase this device.

What's left in your list of problems above that you were having?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

As a fellow Telus Storm user, I understand your frustration.  Personally, I can't figure out why Telus hasn't yet upgraded to something higher than 4.7.0.122.  If you'd like to voice your frustration, I'd strongly suggest calling Telus' customer support line by calling *611 on your phone.  Perhaps if enough users call them, they'll finally get on it.

That said, I have to admit, I haven't used the latest official Telus OS for months, and gladly so.  It works, but it's no where near as good as the more recent releases to other carriers.

Now then, I took a bit of a look at your comments and there is one thing I'm concerned about - it would seem that as with most other people who have issues with their Storms, you likely expected more of your Storm than it's really capable of.  Perhaps because I came from a regular cellphone and an older PDA to the Storm, I didn't have high expectations, and as a result, most of my expectations were met or exceeded.  There have been a few sore spots, sure (who wouldn't want a faster browser, although it's still miles better than the one that was on my old HP iPaq), but generally, I learned to live with those, or found alternatives to them.

It would seem that the browser is a sore spot for you, so I'd suggest checking out a third party browser such as the Bolt Browser.  It can take some time to get used to, but it's much faster than the native BlackBerry Browser, so that may help you out.  If you have other similar issues that we might be able to suggest alternatives, do as JSanders suggested and let us know.  At worst, you're no better off than now, at best, you get the device you actually wanted.

And again, feel free to complain to Telus.  I sent them a letter a while back, but I'm thinking it might be time for me to call them too. Smiley Happy 

(As a heads up, just wait another day or two though - they've been having issues with the customer service databases and are apparently having to fix the whole entire system - eek!).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm

I expected it to at least work decent as a phone which even with 151 it still lags when answering a call and once and awhile the screen goes all blurry, fuzzy, broke up just like an underpowerd video card. Have contaced telus three times. Thier statment was its RIMs problem for making the phone and even though they, telus,sell them, they only use it to sell airtime with no plans to follow up on software anytime soon. Its still a poor product, and no matter the rhetoric used to justify everyones opinion on the device, it in the end still dosnt work very well. Ive compared my issues to three other local users, have discussed with the phone supplier who states they have a few hundred customers with the same concerns as I do. Interestingly enough, they try to explain to new users now not to buy this phone and they no longer stock it hoping that the user will choose any other unit.