Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: cellc
Accepted Solution

Pin is getting rejected and it tells me to enter "blackberry to continue"

I am so frustrated i cannot even begin to explain as it will be my third time to have all my data wiped!

this all started when i plugged my cellphone via usb to my pc as i wanted to import data from my pc that i exported from my old phone nokia 6500.desktop screen asked me for password-i first entered my security passord that i had created 290600,it was declined.then i entered the pin that  was in the box that came with the phone which has also been declined.WHICH PASSWORD IS NEEDED.

There3 that i know of

1.my sim pin, 2 my security pin that i created,pin written on the box that came with the phone next to EMEI number.

I am entering this "blackberry" word but it still doesnt unlock.........PLEASE HELP,IM LOOSING MY MIND AS I CANNOT ACCESS READING MY SMSES NOW.   

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Pin is getting rejected and it tells me to enter "blackberry to continue"

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Who is your carrier?

If it is Tmobile, I suspect that this PIN it is asking for is the PIN assigned by Tmobile to access your carrier account when you call in or look at MyTmobile website. I have seen this happen before -- just last week on a friend of mine's Tmobile 8900.

You can update your profile here to provide your BlackBerry device model and carrier name, so that when you have a question, that information won't need to be asked up front. Click on My Settings > Personal Information and then SAVE at the bottom of the page.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

If you have a full QWERTY keyboard on your BlackBerry, your password isn't 290600, its ec0f00. Get it? You just think of it as the numbers, you're actually typing letters. Same with the Pearl - I just don't know the translation.
Jerry

JerryD, I know what you are saying, seen it before, but in this case the device is not asking for an unlock password, but if it is what I have seen, it is asking for an account access PIN, and not the BlackBerry device PIN.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

J,

When you connect, if you have set a password for the device under Options --> Password (OS 4.6 and later, Options --> Security Options --> General Settings for earlier OS versions), when you attempt to connect to Desktop Manager it will ask for the DEVICE's password.  In fact, once you've entered the incorrect password once, the prompt you receive should tell you what attempt number you are on - typically X/10 meaning your on attempt X of a maximum of 10 attempts.  If you enter the incorrect password 10 times - and you will be warned on the 10th attempt, the device will do a full wipe of all data.

I support over 5,000 BlackBerry users, and it is a common mistake for them to try to enter the password as they think they have set it on the device with all numbers when in actuality the password they've set is actually the coresponding (lower case) letters for the numbers they use.

This is the only place I've encountered the prompt to enter blackberry to continue in over 10 years of supporting the devices.

Jerry

JerryD wrote:

J,

When you connect, if you have set a password for the device under Options --> Password (OS 4.6 and later, Options --> Security Options --> General Settings for earlier OS versions), when you attempt to connect to Desktop Manager it will ask for the DEVICE's password.  In fact, once you've entered the incorrect password once, the prompt you receive should tell you what attempt number you are on - typically X/10 meaning your on attempt X of a maximum of 10 attempts.  If you enter the incorrect password 10 times - and you will be warned on the 10th attempt, the device will do a full wipe of all data.

I support over 5,000 BlackBerry users, and it is a common mistake for them to try to enter the password as they think they have set it on the device with all numbers when in actuality the password they've set is actually the coresponding (lower case) letters for the numbers they use.

This is the only place I've encountered the prompt to enter blackberry to continue in over 10 years of supporting the devices.

Jerry, I completely understand that.

This, however is a quite a different situation -- I have encountered this a few times now -- on TmobileUS accounts, some do required the users PIN access code to be entered in the device after a battery pull reboot and when connecting to the DM. I know this... and I don't support over 5,000 devices. Smiley Happy

Bare with me on this, if the OP ever returns, we'll know.

And for entering passwords incorrectly, yes, I understand that , I have assisted dozens of users successfully  to interpret their password when they think they have numerals and it is indeed the lower case character.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

my screen says,enter "blackberry"to continue which i do and nothing happens but padlock still remains.

ec0f00 does not work either.

when i set my phone on the day i got it,i typed on the left hand side of the full qwerty keyboard 290600.and i have been using it with no problem,this whole mess starts when i connect it to pc via usb cable.

my reason was to draw my data i exported from my old phone,then it asks me for a pin which i enter 290600 as usual and it rejects....subsequently giving me x/10 attempts.

New Contributor

i do not know tmobile and never heard of them.Cellc is my service provider for the last 8years and have called noone to give me a pin upon getting this cellphone.

New Contributor

at the moment says"enter "blackberry "to continue.what must i type.

my passord i created is 290600........and its not accepting it. and not accepting lowercase of these digits either

[ Edited ]

Ok, so your's is not the Tmoble issue I have seen.

For your password, try 2c0f00

or then 2c0f00

Knowledge Base Updates