Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: playbook & iphone
My Carrier: O2

Playbook 0473

I forgot my password for my playbook and so looked myself out and had to start again but to do this it keeps asking for a password. How do i find it to unlock the Wi-Fi. hope someone can help.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Playbook 0473

Hi and welcome to the forums!

There isn't a workaround for a fogotten password on the PlayBook. You will have to reload your last backup and start again. This is a security feature.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB27664 How to password protect and secure the BlackBerry PlayBook

"Note: There are 10 attempts to enter the BlackBerry PlayBook password successfully. If the password is entered incorrectly 10 times, the BlackBerry PlayBook will perform a security wipe and erase all user stored data.  It is recommended to back up the contents of the BlackBerry PlayBook periodically by using the BlackBerry Desktop Software. For more information on backing up the BlackBerry PlayBook, see KB26134. For more information on the security wipe of a BlackBerry PlayBook, see KB27188."

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: playbook & iphone
My Carrier: O2

Re: Playbook 0473

thank you so much. All done now and up and running again. Ahhh.