Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Playbook OS2 and Encrypted Wifi Issues

I have searched for this topic and can only find issues with wifi on OS2 beta, and that problem is not the same as mine now (where it couldn't find any networks).

I downloaded the update the morning via the desktop software as it started to download via wifi then it didn't complete the update.

OS2 is now installed perfectly, but my PB won't connect to encrypted wifi networks. I work for an IT Support company and have had an engineer troubleshoot it where it would only connect to a wifi hotspot on an Android phone, it finds but won't connect to our internal wifi network whereas it used to before with the previous OS.

Any suggestions or anyone else having the same issues? I want to play!!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Playbook OS2 and Encrypted Wifi Issues

Sorry - I put this in the wrong forum!! *n00b*

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the exact same problem.  I downloaded the OS2 and now it can't access encrypted Wifi.

Can you someone please offer a solution to this problem?

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sasktel

wiersd, there were more replys to this thread a few minutes ago.

bought the playbook used last tuesday and immedietely upgraded the os.  worked fine.  this morning i logged on to  awifi hotspot and it worked great.  an hour later it wouldn't connect.  i waited until i got home but it won't log on here either.

someone mentioned backing up and the wiping with the balckberry manager.  other mentioned a "security swipe"...i have no idea what that is.  can some one tell me?

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: None

Hello, I got the same problem. I did a security wipe. Found the solution on this website: http://bit.ly/zAGYuF

I wondered how come I only had problem with the first playbook  I setup. I had total of 3. The next two didn't have any problem with connecting to wifi after the OS 2.0 update. So I thought it might be a router issue. I suggest to restart your router first before doing the security wipe to save time.