Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB, Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: SFR (Vodafone)

Playbook bought in France but delivered with an US Power adapter

Hi,

I've bought a Playbook 16GB on a French website (http://www.RueDuCommerce.com) and in the package I only have the US Power Adapter, meaning that I can't charge the Tablet with it. Fortunately I have a Bold 9700 and the Power adapter can charge it, but very slowly.

I would consider as a proof of respect for the customer if RIM could send me an European Power adapter so I can use my Playbook correctly.

Best regards

L.S.

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Playbook bought in France but delivered with an US Power adapter

Bonjour, just returned from Paris, I seriously doubt that RIM will be sending you a European charger since it would appear that the company that you purchased from had acquired some US stock. I'd suggest dropping into FNAC and purchasing for a couple of Euros a US to European plug adapter. There is a huge difference in the power output of the PB adapter and a phone adapter. In fact some generic chargers will not even charge the PB.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Playbook bought in France but delivered with an US Power adapter

salut Lusluslus,

je te conseille de te retourner vers RueDuCommerce, they are the reseller.

That being said, tirgoman a raison et tu peux acheter un adaptateur femelle US-mâle France for less than 1.99 EUR (shipping fees included).
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B000X4FSJG/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1324907618&sr=8-1&condit...

a+

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: