Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9100, curve 9360
My Carrier: AT&T and Etisalat

Playbook sync with BB

I synced my Playbook 2.1 version OS with my BB Pearl using OS5.0 but the calendar do not sync; a new appointment on one does not show on the other in either Gmail or Default calendar? Yet Sync appears when prompted. Is this a compatibility problem with OS 5? thnx
Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook sync with BB

Is this a gmail account setup on the handheld BlackBerry, you're viewing on the Playbook via the Bridge Connection?

Or a Gmail account setup natively on the Playbook?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9100, curve 9360
My Carrier: AT&T and Etisalat

The Gmail is set up natively on the Pearl, which is the same phone I launched the PB with, so it is not thru Bridge. So the PB basically has all my contacts, calendar and everything else, but I expected it to synch when I add an item in either unit. Even primary calendar does not synch. Note that I turned on the three sync options on the PB for the Gmail account; email, contacts, and calendar. I am guessing that the OS 5 on my Pearl has something to do with it?! thanx
Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

hmm... it should!

Can you go to your Gmail account online, on a PC browser and add a calendar event and contact, and see if both sync to your BlackBerry Pearl and to your PlayBook?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code