Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Playing Youtube on 3G?

[ Edited ]

I can't manage to have youtube played under my 3G mode (from m.youtube.com). It works fine under wifi, but not working at all under 3G. If I click the video link, it goes to Media Player and completely stop (no error message or whatsoever).

I tried to untick Switching to WAP for Streaming Media under General Option for Internet Browser but still unable to work.

I am using Bold under OS 234.

Anybody can help please?

Message Edited by verdims on 02-19-2009 01:41 AM
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000 T-Mob UK

Re: Playing Youtube on 3G?

Try resetting the phone again (take the battery out and reinstall it). It might also be down to the network, does the internet work well generally on 3G?

Cheers

JD

When all else fails, just ask your friend what happened. They won't know but at least your both failing in style!

Please consider Kudos when I help you resolve an issue!
Contributor

Have restarted and not working. 

Internet is working well on 3G and I have full 3G bars. Seemed it is not even processing the streaming because if i am not wrong, if it is because of low signal or connection problem, it supposed to give some error message but it is just completely stop and do nothing.

Any help please?

Trusted Contributor

Try giving your carrier a ring and asking them whats up. It might be down to them or the phone. They might be able to help you further

Cheers

JD

When all else fails, just ask your friend what happened. They won't know but at least your both failing in style!

Contributor

My operator is clueless.

Is there any other applications where I can do streaming beside BB Browser?

Trusted Contributor

Gotta love the carriers!! Well you could try a downloadable mobile web browser (Opera, etc...) and see if that works but I think it might just go back to the stream video app that the BB Browser redirects you to :/

Sorry Im not much more help

Anyone got more ideas??

JD

Contributor

Tried on Opera, still failed. Seemed the problem not with the Browser CMIIW but when it accessed the Media Player, it just stop and stuck.....

I saw somewhere before, there is other 3rd party app for streaming youtube, if i am not wrong it is Bolt ? Any idea about this? When I google, I can only find Bolt the browser