Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: pearl 8130

Playlist songs disappear from playlist menus when phone turns off ANY HELP???

Hey out there once again having a small problem, hopefully an easy fix for a pearl 8130, I put music ON the SDHC card I have 8GB(yes I have the correct operating system version to support it) I loaded the songs directly to the card from my computer, and they all are there and play fine, its just when I  add them to a playlist and power down, when I turn on my phone again the playlist menus are there, bu they contain *no songs*, is there some other saving step that I'm not doing, I've tried just about everthing, with no luck, ANY HELP WOULD BE SPECTACULAR!

Thanks,

Micheric2

"Everything happens for a reason, and usually that reason is beyond me."
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Playlist songs disappear from playlist menus when phone turns off ANY HELP???

[ Edited ]

Hi,

SHHHH! DON"T SHOUT Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

So do you have to redo the playlists when this happens?

Do you have the correct directories on your media card?

You mentioned you have tried just about everything, what have you tried so we can maybe narrow down the problem.

Thanks

Better best quote ever: DINNER'S READY! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-28-2008 11:30 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Re: Playlist songs disappear from playlist menus when phone turns off ANY HELP???

I tried to save songs to playlist and have to redo them when I turn my phone back on, My memory card directory starts at blackberry, and the next menu is music, recordings, pictures ect.  The only thing I did no try was to use the bb button on the playlist title itself to see if there is an option to save the playlist.  or do you need to add a playlist menu to the memory card?

Thanks for the help, and any other suggestions?

Guru I

Try a short test,

Create a small playlist.

Pull the battery while the device is ON, replace after a minute,

Let the device reboot 1-3 min, Check to see if play list is there.

Please let me know!Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Highlighted
Contributor

Tried the short test with no luck, also tried to save it on the playlist named menu, no option for this.
Contributor

What was that thing with the memory card directories? maybe I'll try that.
Guru I

[ Edited ]

Hi,

On your media card do you have these folders?

Blackberry

Pictures

Music

Ringtones

Videos

Voicenotes
This is the folder structure that the Blackberry needs to allocate the media to.

My playlists are stored in ringtones, I just noticed that.

Create the short playlist again, call it  Test.

Go to the main media screen, press menu, select explore, media card, go down to ringtones, see if the playlist Test is there

Highlight it and select properties It will have a  ".m3u extension.

Let me know if the folders are correctly setup for the media card, and let me know the results of the TEST playlist.

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-29-2008 10:42 AM

Contributor

did all that, but no playlist in the ringtones folder, all folders are the same as in the last thread(on memory card)
Contributor

Found the sub folders for the playlists in the music folder on the memory card. tried to turn off, pull battery ect. the songs won't stay in the list, should I try to move the".m3u extension folders to the ringtones menu, any other help would be cool, plus I got other probs with my camera please see my other thread.

Thanks Again,

Micheric2

Guru I

Hi,

I would try it,

What was the folder structure where they were at?

Please let me know,

Thanks.