Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Plazmic for 5.0

With the release of os 5.0.328 current themes are not work correctly.  How long does it usually take before they release the update to Plazmic so that new themes can be made for this os upgrade?  I have a theme for 4.7 on my phone and it works ok in portrait mode but not in landscape mode.  When in landscape there are white lines on the sides and the icons are off.

Also, does anyone know where I might find free icons to create my own theme.  I see lots of talented themes out there and I wonder where people find these icons.  I have used Google to search for free icons but all I find is more forums.  If there are any theme builders out there that can help someone get started would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Brent

New Developer

Re: Plazmic for 5.0

There is a short term fix for the landscape issue.

1. go to portrait mode

2. application button

3. select options

4. click "wallpaper" and select a CUSTOM background..such as one of your own pictures

5. exit out to homescreen

6. Repeat #1,2,3 above

7. Select "Layout" - click TODAY

8. Exit to homescreen

9. Repeat 1,2,3, above

10 Select "layout" - click 2 ROWS

Exit to homescreen and WHALAAA.

this will only fix the problem until the next battery pull. then you have to repeat this. its a bug within the landscape wall paper for the default background for themes. once you change it and follow the steps exactly as above, it will fix the problem until your next battery pull.

rock on..

Re: Plazmic for 5.0

heres my question, its been quite awhile now since OS 5.0 has been released. i've searched high and low for an official patch that will correct this problem other than messing with theme settings and have found nothing, not even a time table from RIM saying when they would have it fixed. please, correct me if i'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like theres been any progress made at fixing this despite the numerous outcries from the blackberry community at large.

At this point, i'm tempted to just downgrade back to the nearly-fautless 4.7 or just chuck the storm and buy an iphone.