Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Vodacom
Accepted Solution

Please HELP! Blackberry ID password forgotten and my email address is wrong!!

Please can somebody help me??  I want to pull my hair out!! Yesterday I upgraded my BBM and restarted my device, when i went into my bbm again it asked me for my Blackberry ID password, which i have forgotten BUT my email address (which is the username) i registered with is wrong, so i cant even change my password because i wont receive the email.  My Blackberry ID is now locked because i have entered the wrong password too many times.  I cant access my BBM at all.  Please, please, please is there someone out there that can help me??Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Please HELP! Blackberry ID password forgotten and my email address is wrong!!

I am having excatly the same problem i have forgotten everything and now it will not let me do anything

s10
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9310
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Please HELP! Blackberry ID password forgotten and my email address is wrong!!

I also have the same problem.. Dont know what to da anymore

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello to all,

Refer:

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

Sadly, if your BB ID is indeed locked, there is nothing you can do since clearing it requires receipt of the necessary email, and given what you describe, such is not possible. Therefore, human intervention is required...and you obtain that by ringing up your mobile service provider and convincing them to escalate you to RIM...that is the only path. You need human intervention by someone at RIM, and that is only available when escalated from your mobile service provider.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi, I had to back up to my PC and do a security wipe and start all over again.  But my problem is solved.  Doing the security wipe removes the Blackberry ID on the phone (and all other applications) I then re-registered a new Blackberry ID with the correct email address.  I will never ever forget my password ever againSmiley Embarassed

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: tourch

i upgraded my bbm and try to login with my user name and paswword which is correct and immidiatly it will pop up a message asking me of CONFIRM USERNAME FOR BLACKBERRY SMARTPHONE which i did not understand.

please help
Visitor
My Device: mini curve
My Carrier: 8520

[ Edited ]

hi i forget my blackberry ID password and my securty questions , can help me ? I am reminber my email (

Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.).

thank you.

mahmoud
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

lina_ammar wrote:

hi i forget my blackberry ID password and my securty questions , can help me ? I am reminber my email (

Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.).

thank you.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The link in Post 4 of this thread contains instructions you can use. You must have access to the email account that is associated to your BBID from OTHER THAN your BB.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: cellc

I forgot my Id password and also the password to the email address that I use as username,is it possible that it can be send to the other email adress(that I'm currently using) so that I can reset the new Id password?pls help
Hall of Famer III

Abigail_guinee10 wrote:
I forgot my Id password and also the password to the email address that I use as username,is it possible that it can be send to the other email adress(that I'm currently using) so that I can reset the new Id password?pls help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Your situation is more challenging. BB's are the most secure mobile devices/services available, but the human plays a critical part in that security. You've forgotten your credential to two things...it will be very lucky if you can recover from this, and you have a choice to make depending on your circumstances, but here are the only options I see for you:

If you have no AppWorld records that you require to retain (e.g., purchase records for apps), then simply abandon the BB ID and create a new one. To do so, however, does require a device WIPE:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

If you do have AppWorld records that you must keep, then you require human intervention. To receive that, you must ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry. Further, you must convince BlackBerry to provide you with a solution -- which likely will either be resetting your current BB ID so that you can again access it or having you create a new BBID and they will manually move your purchase records over. Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do this, but there is no other way that I know of to retain your prior AppWorld purchase records.

Good luck!