Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Please Help, Blackberry Apps no icon

Dear All,

I'm a newbie in Blackberry device

I've just use my Bold 9000 for 1 Weeks

Few days ago I update the blackberry Apps World into the latest version

But unfortunately after the upgrade there are now icon to launch the apps

I do delete and re-install for about 5 times but still it doesn't help

Does anybody has the same symptoms?

What should I do?

My OS version is 5.0.0.509

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320

Re: Please Help, Blackberry Apps no icon

Hello there andiazuno,

Please describe in detail how you are un-installing and re-installing the BB App World. Also if you go into your options > advanced options and click on Applications. Can you confirm that the application is completely removed? You can also try setting your Theme back to default as well as make sure you have the option to "Show All" to ensure its not hidden. You can do this by pressing your menu key while at the screen that contains all application icons.

Hope this helps,

Office2Mobile
Poor Service and the Worst Support provided by VarDynamics http://vardynamics.com/
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Hi Office2Mobile,

Thank you for your respond,

When first update i didn't do remove then upgrade, because it was automatically request update when i open the BB apps world

Then after finish installation it do automatically reset.

After the reset process then the icon is disappear

I do uninstall by go to option -> Application -> Delete

I also remove the service book for BB Apps world in the option -> advance option -> service book

But until now it doesn't help...

I also already do reset theme and select show all Smiley Sad

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: ATT

I, too, have this same issue.  Installed the updated App World and have no icon.  I have tried various scenarios to try and get it back, but am unable to make it happen.  I have completely uninstalled the application, completed a hard reset, reinstalled from the BB mobile site, completed another reset and still no icon.  Repeated process at least 5 times and still no icon.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

absmith45 wrote:

I, too, have this same issue.  Installed the updated App World and have no icon.  I have tried various scenarios to try and get it back, but am unable to make it happen.  I have completely uninstalled the application, completed a hard reset, reinstalled from the BB mobile site, completed another reset and still no icon.  Repeated process at least 5 times and still no icon.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB22944 Home screen icon disappears after an update to BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.35

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................