Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch - 9800
My Carrier: MTN

Please Help: camera pictures disappeared after device transfer

Hi  All

my torch was giving me problems so i sent it into my carrier and they swapped the device for me, prior to handing it in i did a full back up through DM and they returned my sd card. after i got the new device i did a full restore and put my memory card back in and noticed my all my camera pics have disappeared but the pics from picture library are still there, i tried "recuva" but still cant locate any pics and im not even sure if the pics were in the sd card or phone memory. i tried browsing through my desktop manager but to no avail. there are pics in the pic library from both sd card and phone memory but no camera pics that i took with the previous phone.

those pictures are really important to me

thanks & hope someone can assist 
Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Please Help: camera pictures disappeared after device transfer

Do you currenty have any data on your phone taht you would like to back up? If yes,

Take a full back up of your phone using DTM.

If not, directly go to the next step:

Restore the backup file which you made before  your phone went for a change. Go to your media manager and transfer any pictures that have been read form the back up file. This should bring back all your old data (specifically pictures).

If, it still dosent work.

Explore the device memory again using DTM after restoring the backup and if still there are no pictures, they are probably lost. 

You can still have a look around and check in a few more folders by accessing your device from the desktop manager.

If your query is resolved then please click on - 'Accept as Solution'
Thank You.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch - 9800
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Please Help: camera pictures disappeared after device transfer

hi thanks alot for your response, i tried that but it never work, i think my pictures are lost in memory card somewhere, because my camera pics are set to save in my sd card as default, the memory card shows 90% full also so i really dont know, i tried browsing my memory card through dektop manager but there is nothing there,

hope you can help thanks