Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Please Help... very unusual problem

To explain this rather frustrating ordeal i'll put it in chronological order...

I bought a Blackberry storm earlier this year of ebay, the phone was pratically brand new and locked to vodafone.

I took out a sim only contract from vodafone and added all the blackberry internet and email features.

Here is where the problems start... Two weeks down the line my bb just stopped accepting my sim, it comes up with the message 'insert sim'.

Before taking the phone in for repair i spoke to vodafone technical support and wiped my memory and cleaned the phone's gold sim prongy things? They could only advise to take it in to be sent off.

I took the phone into repair under the 12months manufacturing warranty.

The phone came back with no reported errors, but the bb still wouldn't accept my sim?

My bb accepted the store advisors sim card and my sim card worked fine in the stores Storm.

My sim also works no problem in my old sony ericsson (as i'm still using it now).

The vodafone store advisor transferred my account onto a fresh Sim card... still no joy.

I also updated the software to the latest via the Bb desktop manager just incase there was a fault from the previous software... no result!

I was then offered to change my number for free, changing my number was a last resort as i had already

transferred that number from my previous t-mobile contract.

Reluctantly i changed my number so finally i could use my Bb Storm.. but still, no luck!

Every store adviser seemed baffled by the problem and couldn't offer and help, all credit to some, they were very patient swapping sims and waiting for the Storm to start up.

I've spent hours in vodafone branches and on the phone to advisers, (even longer on hold) and no one can seem to solve the problem. Adding to my frustration I purchased a Vodafone 'Pay as you Go' sim card which worked perfectly in my Storm.

At this current moment i'm stuck with a Storm which has replaced the role of my iPod, and a Sony Ericsson where the 1,3 and 6 button have ceased function!

Anyone feeling as clueless as me?

Please help!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm BB 9530T - Verizon

Re: Please Help... very unusual problem

Why don't you ask the SIM vendor to send you a new one.   It could be the SIM itself.   First, just make sure its contacts are clean and try again.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Please Help... very unusual problem

I've cleaned the contacts, nothing unfortunately.

However, the temp 'pay as you go' I'm using hasn't been working properly either.

The connections switch themselves off, they don't reset either with I go onto the manage connections.

The Bb doesnt recognise the sim, but everything goes back to normal when I turn it off and back on.

This has happened a few times now.