Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 - PlayBook - and Mini KeyBoard.
My Carrier: CityPhone by Rogers.
Accepted Solution

Please advise if I can use my Canadian Curve 9300 and PlayBook in England and parts of Europe ?

Please advise if I can use my Canadian Curve 9300 in England and parts of Europe..(I have a Global SIM card ) but do not know if the higher voltage in England will damage my phone and my PlayBook and Mini Keyboard. Do I have to be concerned about the power differences since my devices are made for North American use, I already have plug adaptors but no transformers etc.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Please advise if I can use my Canadian Curve 9300 and PlayBook in England and parts of Europe ?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The actual power chargers you use are the key...look on them and see what is printed as to the voltage/amperage/etc. that they can handle. Compare that to what will be where you will be. If they can handle the electrical supply where you are, then you will only need a prong adapter and not an actual transformer.

By and large, BB devices can be used all over the world with the delivered charging devices...you only have to adapt the prongs to the locality you are in. As reference, I've used BB devices (albeit USA procured) in many many countries, the UK included. But you need to actually look at your exact chargers to be sure.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 - PlayBook - and Mini KeyBoard.
My Carrier: CityPhone by Rogers.

Re: Please advise if I can use my Canadian Curve 9300 and PlayBook in England and parts of Europe ?...Reply...

Thanks for the very clear advice...Since I only use RIM products...the chargers that I bought with the devices should be OK to use with the adaptors that I have....Great service you are doing for the community.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Please advise if I can use my Canadian Curve 9300 and PlayBook in England and parts of Europe ?...Reply...

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................