Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tmobile

Please help. BBM / EMAIL / INTERNET WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT WIFI

Hello. Originally I had a Blackberry curve 8520. It was great I never had any problems with it. I was on PAYG o2 and everything was going fine. All of a sudden my phone dropped and stopped working. I took it into a shop to ask for repairs and they said that it would be cheaper just to buy a new phone. 

Cutting to the point, a close friend of mine very kindly lent me her old Blackberry Curve, still the exact same model (8520) so I was used to the software. However, the new phone was locked to Tmobile. After purchasing a new Tmobile PAYG simcard topping up and purchasing my BBM/mail/internet package I was up and running.

Unfortunatly, I didn't realise how bad Tmobile were in my area and I never have great signal.
Then I began to realise that my BBM messages were only sending when i was connected to WI-FI. Great I thought. Not. Anyhow, I did a little research on this and I heard that I need to
"Send the service book"  or something. Well I tried and as I go to Setup > Email settings I am prompted with "Your connection to the mobile network is turned on, but you are not in a wireless coverage area" and then it closes. So I'm assuming that because of my general bad signal I will not be able to get my BBM up and running everywhere.

If there is a solution please help.
I have done a Battery Pull so please do not suggest that. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: Please help. BBM / EMAIL / INTERNET WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT WIFI

Still need help