Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: IBM/Vodafone

Please help! Cannot access existing email accounts on pearl 8100 anymore.

HI,

Please can someone help?!

I have had gmail on my Pearl 8100 for a long time and all worked perfectly until 2 days ago. I now still have the icon, and can see my old mail box, but when I try to refresh and receive emails i get the following error message - "an unexpected error occurred during programme execution. Please try the operation again".

I do not know how to fix this. I have tried a battery pull while power on, but no joy.

I also have a work email account on the phone and this does not appear to be reconciling either.

I can access my gmail account via the BB internet browser, and I still have internet access.

I dont know where else to start as I am not very technical, so would really apreciate some help.

many thanks.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Please help! Cannot access existing email accounts on pearl 8100 anymore.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books (pre-BB10 devices only)

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Reboot

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your configurations for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

VIA | Hall of Famer II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Mail-ID-Configuration/m-p/2488293/highlight/...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

Hi

Thanks so much for your swift reply. Im sorry but I  have not had a chance to try the solution yet today.

However I now also cant get my work email or any internet access either! Does this affect your solution at all?

I just thought I would ask Before I do try the steps you describe, just in case.

Thanks again,

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG191), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

The suggested steps are intended to resolve many problems, not just email problems.

But...you say "work email"...which now makes me wonder. Is that BES? If so, then stop now and work with your BES admins.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

HI...Great advice, thanks. Did check and I am on BES, so now have a re-activation code to reset the phone after a hard reset. Am hoping this will help sortout my work email folder.

However the real issue still remaiins with my Gmail access. It is still not working and I have been told that the BES reactivation wont sort this.

My BB pearl 8100 is only running version 4.2 . In my current Applications list I have gmail listed. I have deleted the gmail account address but not the application itself. I think I have 2 options:

1.  doing a backup  via BB desktop and then doing a total phone wipe via restore factory settings before doing the BES reset. In th ehope that the gmail would then start completely from new, with no issues.

BUT,

Does anyone know whether the desktop back up and restore will actually restore my gmail application back to my phone?

I am mindful that gmail is no longer supported on old phones and the BB knowledge base says I need a newer version of 4.5 and above to get the gmail on my phone, and i do NOT want to lose it, as I rely day to day on it.

2. Just doing  a hard reset; BES reactivation, and re-adding my gmail acct back to my phone, leaving the redundant folder hidden, forgetting it is there and hoping that the new account does not interfere with my work email, or anyhting else and works properly .

If anyone has any good thoughts or can shed any more light on this before I give up and put up with only being brave enoiugh to try option 2, and keeping the useless gmail folder, I would be very very grateful.

Thanks again.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG191), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Finish getting BES working. Only then consider getting GMail working. Do not attempt to resolve them both at the same time. BES first, then everything else.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: Please help! Now Cannot stop emails coming to BB pearl 8100!.

I am now 3 weeks on from my original plea for help with emails on my BB.Pearl 8100..

My corporate support  have finally got my work email account working via BES on my BB  - the original account has been delete and restored and I have done a million and one reactivations!

BUT the problem I have now is that I cannot stop the work emails coming to my BB.

I have set the option "send email to handheld" to "NO",  and the emails still keep coming. I have also tried setting the email filters to "NO", and tunring off the wireless reconciliation and STILL the emails keep on being delivered to my BB! 

I dont dare to add my gmail account for fear of what else may happen! 

My corporate team are out of ideas and  tell me it is my device. I am at my wits end!

Please can anyone suggest what may be wrong and how I may be able to solve it.

Thanks.

Hall of Famer III

Ummm...you were wanting BES to work, and now you don't want it to work? I'm a bit confused...most of the settings you mentioned refer to BIS rather than BES, so they will have no effect on your BES-based email. I am quite confused now as to what your actual desires are, for it no longer seems to be the same as you started with...

If you don't want your BES configuration, then work with your BES admins to wipe it from your device completely (there are specific processes that must be run), downgrade your account from your carrier to remove BES capability, and then configure for BIS only.

Or, if I am not understanding your desires correctly, please clarify.

Good luck and let us know!

New Contributor

What I aiming for is to be able to control whether the work emails (BES) arrive on the BB or not, depending on what I need, day to day.

I was able to control them before using the, "Email settings; Send email to Handheld; yes/no" , option.

My corporate support team can do this on a similar device and BES account, and cannot undersatnd why I cant do the same. I could do it before my account stopped working,  but not now.

I do take your point tho, that maybe I should be grateful that I at least have the service running again.

However, I have also this afternoon tried re-adding my gmail account to my BB and am dismayed to say that all the alterations have made no difference there either.

I am getting both work and gmail emails put into the same inbox and not in separste inboxes as they should be and have been in the past (before the problem). Given the volume of emails I receive in both accounts, I need them to be very separate.

Any good ideas on how to ....

a) control the incoming work emails, and

b) split the work and gmail inboxes ......would be very welcome!

Thanks again.

Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

Ahhh...OK...thanks for the clarification. I've honestly never needed to do such a thing...email comes and can pile up on the device all it want's without impacting me. Having separate email icons allows the user to look only at the messages database that they are interested in at any given moment. If you are using the unified Messages inbox, then I can see how it could be an issue. I've just never had any need to try and shut off email delivery...BBs were originally designed as email devices, so shutting that off was never really an intended design consideration.

I can't tell you why it's not working. Your BES admins remain your best resource as they truly control how your device functions for everything. I'd suggest a truly clean startover -- have them remove the device from BES, do an on-device WIPE, do a ResetToFactory (to remove the IT Policy), and then start over getting BES configured. and working correctly before proceeding with anything else.

As for the separate email icons, refer...

For BES users, your BES Admin can push a BES-only email icon to your device. This solution is free, but must be conducted at the BES server, and will affect all users on that BES server.

• KB15003 How to create a separate icon on the BlackBerry smartphone for only BlackBerry Enterprise Server messages

If your device OS level (starting within OS5 and above) has the option, you can dictate what shows in Messages:

• Homescreen > Messages > blackberry_logo.jpg > Options > (Main Message List Settings) or (Inbox Settings) or (Inbox Management)
  • Uncheck what you want to suppress from Messages, enabling a separate icon for those you uncheck

Good luck!