Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry 9720
My Carrier: New York seller

Please, help me get back my photos, conmtacts and text messages!

Hi, there! This is my issue:

Yesterday, my computer strangely messed up and accidentally formatted my plunged Blackberry phone. Do you know what’s going on? Many important photos, contacts and text messages that save on the inner memory card of this blackberry phone are all gone at the same time. What could I do to get them all back? Help me, please!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Please, help me get back my photos, conmtacts and text messages!

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

What happen your BlackBerry did security wipe on its own? 

Did you back up any of this data that you lost? If you haven't most likely you won't be able to recover your data.

Sorry Smiley Sad

My Device: blackberry 9720
My Carrier: Washingtom

OK! Don’t panic! Do you have a data backup?

If you do not, you should always act carefully to get these phone files back:

1. Do NOT use this blackberry phone immediately in case that anything new would rewrite your needed files and make them gone permanently.

2. Plunge this phone to your computer.

3. Download data recovery software to help you. There are many data recovery tools out there. But, no all of them could be efficient and useful enough. You should pay much attention to opt for a proper one. If you still doubt, you can firstly take chances with some data recovery freeware available online that can work much more efficiently than some paid ones, such as Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc…

4. Save and back up all your restored files on a different phone card or drive in case of data recovery failure.

Note: You should learn a lesson to back up everything important well in the future.

Good luck!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: June - 2012

If you took the backup of your phone data then it it possible to recover your data.

But you didn't then it is going to be hard.

My Device: Blackberry 9720
My Carrier: New York seller

Thank you for your guys' answers.

Unfortunately, I don't have a data backup. But, after experiencing this, I will always remind myself to make data backups all the time.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Backups, like insurance, are neither a reactive nor an optional activity for any and all computing devices, of which BBs are one. You can find some recommended methodologies for BB backups via the link below in my auto-sig on this post.

Goo dluck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................