Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Please help me with my 8350i

I got the 8350i and my wonderful hubby decided to put my aol mail on there and now it has its own button and all my mail goes to my phone. So how do I remove this? It is really annoying. Also I can only send mms not sms messages. And lastly I am not getting all my messages and people arent getting the ones I send them. I send out pic messages (mms) and they never get there. And most of the mms messages I send don't get there. I would rather have sms messages but I don't have the option to send them. Is there any hope for me???   Thanks so much!!!!!!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Please help me with my 8350i

Hi there! You should have (or your husband should have) created a blackberry email account at www.nextel.blackberry.net. Your blackberry email account will let you forward your email from other email accounts. Just delete the AOL forwarding account. It is very easy to delete this account once you log on and self explanatory.

Steve

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

WelcSmiley Happyme to the FSmiley Happyrums

try removing your battery and replacing it after thirty seconds to allow your phone to reboot.  See if this helps with your texting problem.  Let me research your aol problem. There is probably a setting you can click on aol to keep both on your pc and the blackberry. 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

if you want to remove the aol from your blackberry, go to OPTIONS > Advanced options> applications >then scroll down and highlight the AOL> press menu key and delete

I'm having the same problem as you(I think many others are to) I think it's a glitch within the Nextel system.  I have tried the battery thing and it works for maybe a day, if I'm lucky, and goes back to delayed sent and recieved messages.  I would hope the someone at Nextel is working on this ASAP as this phone is useless for me without reliable service.
New Contributor

Thanks everyone. My aol problems is now solved now if only i can get my messages without haveing to remove the battery and all that.
New Contributor

I hope this will help with the Messaging issue

1st. The 8350i on Nextel, only supports MMS. There is no SMS option. Most handsets and services will accept text only messages that are sent via the MMS on the handset. The only issue I have noticed is in registering with services that use SMS to verifiy a device. For example, Twitter. I had to attempt registration for 6 days before Twitter accepted my MMS as SMS. But it did work.

2nd. The Messaging issue. There is currently a known issue with messaging deliver on the iDEN network. I have seen if flaged as national issue, however I hear it is more prevalent in the Midwest.  

Elite I

jontko - so you are saying that you cannot send a text message on the 8350i? that is crazy