Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: stc

Please help me

I have Blackberry curve 8520 and I already have BIS ,but i have problem about application,I can't download any application coz it says "You are currently on a service plan that requires a wife connectionto use this application. if you want to use this application outside wifi ,please contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.

I already called themand they fix it but still the same..i cant download anything nor open the app world..everything is work except the applicationplshelp me thank u so much

Contributor

Re: Please help me

Still waiting for reply,pls kindly help me...thank u in advance

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello ayms

Sorry for late response !

Regarding your issue , On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status . BlackBerry Internet Service =  what is the status ? 

Apart from applications or BlackBerry World , are you able to use other BlackBerry application like BBM, Emails , Facebook for BlackBerry etc over your Mobile Network ? 

let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Oh God thank u so much for your kind responce,Regarding to my blackberry problem I only can use BBM,and Emails other than that i cant and it says upgrade my data plan but my data plan is basic data plan which must be full support but when i use my blackberry im unable to use blackberry application,not even any social networksSmiley Sad i did report this to my network and they fix it and says it will work but still its not working..pls kindly help me what to do,thank u in advance
Elite II

Hi ayms

As I asked , Can you check this On your Homescreen, Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = what you see there ? 

Also On your device Open BlackBerry World , did you receive any error message ( but do it over your Mobile network but not over a wifi network )  ? 

Are you able to access BlackBerry Protect on your device and do a backup? 

Through out the world different carrier offer different service plan , a basic plan may not allow all features of BlackBerry  we need a full BlackBerry Data Plan or BIS on our account .Can you confirm if a basic plan from your carrier allows all features of BlackBerry 

let us know .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

I went to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = what i see there is not connected

About BlackBerry World I saw you are currently on service plan that requires a wife connection.If you want to use this application outside wifi please contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan------------and i did that and they said its all fine but its notSmiley Sad

Im not able to access BlackBerry Protect coz i cant enter to blackberry world

only I can use BBM and emails nothing more and this is my basic package

Package1: Blackberry

1000MB free data usage per month.
5MB free data roaming usage per month.
SR 2 for every additional MB.
Free chatting and e-mail.
Browse and read your e-mail anytime, anywhere inside the kingdom or during roaming.
Define more than one account (up to 10 email accounts) on one device.
Instant messaging via Blackberry messenger within the Blackberry community.

and my blackberry curve 8520 seems need new software or i dont know all i know is i cant use it properly.
Contributor

I subscribe to Basic package which is 79sr per month at

http://www.stc.com.sa/wps/wcm/connect/english/services/mobile/handsets/Blackberry

Elite II

ayms wrote:
I went to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = what i see there is not connected

But you're still able to use BBM and email services that quite confusing !

What is your country location ? can you check this list if your country is in Supported Country list .BlackBerry World Availability

Contributor

my location is Saudi Arabia and yes i can used email an bbm and in fact i always recieve email from here, my pin 21D04DD8 you can test it ..what im confuse is i cant enter to blackberry world and cant used any social network except if i use wap browser only but its very slow
Elite II

Hey ayms

I will ask a few friends of mine regarding your issue and will post back , I appreciate your patience .

Thanks.