Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Please help me

Hello,

I am not computer savey. Can someone please walk me through step by step in laymens terms the way to set up my bosses phone (Blackberry Curve 8330) so that he can receive his Microsoft Outlook Email (Outlook 2007). Please help, if I don't get this done for him today he'll fire me & I'll be @ the soup kitchens for dinner tonight Man Sad. Thank You.

- Nim

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Please help me

you must give us information about that. Where does your boss' phone come from ? Which phone carrier ? What contract did he subscribe to ? Where are his mails stored on ? In an Exchange server ? Which version of Exchange ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Where does your boss' phone come from ?

- A local Verizon service center.  

Which phone carrier ?

- Verizon.

What contract did he subscribe to ?

- He's got everything, internet access, the whole 9.

Where are his mails stored on ?

- On a Pop Server.

In an Exchange server ?

- No.

Which version of Exchange ?

-

Thanks for the response.

- Nim 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the forums!

I hope you aren't on the street yet!

Can you tell me if your bosses account is BIS or BES, was it issued to him by the coompany??

What email does he use Yhaoo, gmaill, private etc.

Thanks,

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-14-2008 12:58 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

At lunch go to a Verizon store with your bosses email information, password etc. and have them do it. You will be out of there in 10 minutes.
New Contributor

What does "BIS" & "BES" stand for & where would I find that info? Also, I don't get a lunch, he makes me work straight through the day with a 3 minute sandwich break around 3:08 est.

NIM 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

a Blackberry is connected to the "real world" through something. That something can be Blackberry Internet Service, Blackberry Enterprise Service, and maybe some other things like Blackberry Desktop Redirector or Blackberry Unite.

When Verizon sold the Blackberry to your boss, one of these was included in the subscription, you have to look at the contract, and read who at Verizon (or your company IT) to contact to activate the service.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Please let us know how this works out.

Always have a speed key setup on your PC that instantly sends your resumee out for cases like these Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter