Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Please help, struggling here....

This is probably really simple, but I have had my Blackberry Curve 8330 for a few days now and can't figure out how to synch calendar, contacts, etc. I have desktop manager 4.3 and I tried to synch it, just can't get it. 

Does the Blackberry Desktop Manager not come with a calendar and contacts program to input on the computer and synch with the phone?  I have Windows Contacts and Calendar but can't get those to work.   I really don't want to put in all my contact info an scheduling with the phone's small keypad, can someone please help a newbie?  Thank you for your assistance.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Please help, struggling here....

Connect device, go to sync icon on Desktop manager> Then from the syncronization tab, go to the configure tab.

Press configure sync. It will give you check boxes of what will be synced and what way (determined by the arrows)

You can also press advanced in this section and get more into the nitty gritty... hope that helps..

Smiley Happy

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Please help, struggling here....

When I do that it only gives me 2 choices-

ASCII  Importer/Exporter and Yahoo

Nothing else is mentioned.  I selected ASCII Importer/Exporter and browsed to Windows contacts/Calendar and I get an error message every time.  I get the error message whenever I use the ASCII Importer/Exporter option

Thanks..