Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Please help with Blackberry Pearl 8120

[ Edited ]

I can't seem to get this phone to sync with my macbook. I have Mac OS X 10.5.1 and I just purchased my phone from t-mobile. I downloaded the Pocketmac and the driver update. I installed both according to the directions on another post (installing both and then restarting), but the syncing is still failing. What should I do? TIA for any help ya'll can give me. 

I forgot to mention that each time I try to sync, I get an error message at the end that says "skipping." 

Message Edited by kclassic225 on 07-15-2008 10:13 PM
 Ahhh!!! Now it's saying that my brand new media card has errors on it and to use a "disk error checking utility on a computer" to correct them. I don't even know what that means, but how can my card have errors??? I've only taken 2 pictures and not downloaded anything but this software!!!!! 
Message Edited by kclassic225 on 07-15-2008 10:40 PM

Re: Please help with Blackberry Pearl 8120

I went from the BB Pearl the iPhone.  I am using the Pearl again and am having the same issues I've always had with PocketMac.  It shows errors when trying to change settings and won't activate the sync button.  Then, it just syncs on its own and wipes my iCal and Address Book clean.  I've had to restore from Time Machine twice this week.  I am back to using Missing Sync.  Too bad they can't get this software to work consistently.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Please help with Blackberry Pearl 8120

How well does the "missing sync" work with the applications  iCal and address book on the Mac?  I happen to see it on the Apple download section and thought about using it instead of the Blackberry for Mac that appears to have too many issues.  The BB for Mac sync has erased anything 60 days prior to the sync date on my desktop.  What do you restore from Time Machine to get that back?