Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Please please help connect RIM 957

Can someone help me connect an old RIM 957 to the pc?I need the oldest desktop softwere possible,preferable 2.1 (i have 3.5 but it will not recognise the device)

I have an RS232 to USB adapter with the drivers installed,works well cuz i successfully connected a Blackberry 5820 with it.But it won't find my good old 975.I am running on Windows 7.

Please help,i've been searching for a solution for months..

My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Please please help connect RIM 957

Hey gsm_dealer08,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

This will not work on Windows® 7, as these previous versions of BlackBerry® Desktop Software 3.5, 2.1 and 2.0 are not designed to work on Windows® 7.

If you have an other PC running Windows XP, it will work with the BlackBerry Desktop Software 3.5.  However all of the old desktop software is not available to download from our site (www.blackberry.com/desktop).

I hope this info helps you out.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Please please help connect RIM 957

Thanks for the answer.I tried it once on a XP computer and connected the cradle directly to the RS232 but still no luck.The 5820 works with Desktop software 3.5 even on Windows 7.No luck with the 957.Maybe cradle problem..