Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8300

Re: PocketMac 4.0.2b / OS X Leopard 10.5.2 / Blackberry Curve 8310 4.2.2.170 w/ Calendar update

Hi!  I thought I might be able to help with this.

If you have any trouble connecting the device, or get an "Error 1 skipping" type of error, you may have one of the newer, high-speed devices from RIM that were released after the last version of PocketMac was posted (like the 8110, 8120, 8130, 8310 or 8330).

There is a solution for this. First, visit the download page:  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.jsp  and start the download process again.  As you move to the download screen, select PocketMac V4.0.20b for BlackBerry.  Then, on the next screen, you have two program choices to download.

It sounds like you have already downloaded the first one, under the heading "PocketMac v4.0.20b for BlackBerry."  If you have erased it, go ahead and download it again, and Install that first.

Since you have one of the newest devices, you may also need to download the patch that allows you to connect to those as well.  That patch is on the same page, under the heading, "PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg."  Install that AFTER you have installed the main PocketMac Program.

By the way, PocketMac offers FREE web-based support to users (there is only a fee if you want telephone support), so feel free to work directly with PocketMac support engineers to help narrow down what is affecting you. Thanks! 

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: PocketMac 4.0.2b / OS X Leopard 10.5.2 / Blackberry Curve 8310 4.2.2.170 w/ Calendar update

Oh, I had such high hopes for the updated drivers!

I installed the drivers, rebooted, opened pocketmac, connected my phone, and it gave the skipping error (I'd never seen that before, but I hardly call it an improvement).  I closed pocketmac and reattached the phone until the media card was shown in the finder.  Then I reopened Pocketmac and attempted a sync.  Back to square one, as the program is hanging during the calendar sync operation.  The contacts went fine and there was the standard "click continue" warning on the calendars.  I will leave the phone connected just in case it is taking a long time.  meh, the ISyncRimCalendar application is listed as (not responding) in the force quit applications window.  Smiley Sad

I don't understand why the response to my request for help could not have included this information about the drivers.  Even though it did not work, I still don't understand why this information wasn't given to me.  Instead I was instructed to call!  Lame.  

There is hope!  At least RIM appears to be hiring a team-leader for the new software:
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86576

Not too promising in terms of reaching a stable product solution before the rollout of the 3G iPhone... 

Thanks for trying, Annie.

M@ 
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8300

Oh, I don't give up that easily!

I won't ask you to call anyone. Instead, I'd like you to take the next step, and work directly with a PocketMac Support engineer in the FREE web-based support at http://www.pocketmacsupport.net.  What I would invite you to do is enter a Support Request. On that page, there is a questionnaire about your system and device that will provide enough details for the support rep to help you specifically with what's going on in your system.  You can also send in a PMSystemReport to them, and the support engineers can spot if there are any conflicts in your system.  For example, we recently learned that a certain Logitech console program can block the communication with PocketMac.  

Forums can be too general at times, and be more difficult to solve when it gets to the nitty gritty.

By the way, it's only been a few weeks that we became aware that RIM's newest devices had changed the USB connection rules, and which model numbers were affected, so that information sometimes takes a while to disseminate among all the tech support team members inhouse, as well as the support reps at the service providers.  Part of the reason I'm in the boards right now is to help disseminate that information. The first rep who tried to help you may not have known yet that your device needed the new driver. So, I hope you can forgive him/her for not sharing it during your last contact.  Smiley Happy

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
New Contributor

Just to follow up.  I filled out a support request but received no notification that my support request had been sent/received.  Today, I filled out another support request and added DoNotReply@pocketmacsupport.net to my address book.  

Neither the drivers nor uninstalling Logitech Control Console have solved my problem.  

I meant to save a copy of my support request so I wouldn't have to generate it again, but it appears that I was unsuccessful. Smiley Sad

More wasted time!

Okay, even though I didn't receive any information on the original (2nd) support request, I can access it from the website.  That support request (from the 11th) was marked "closed"!

Please try uninstalling Logitech Control Center using the uninstaller located in the "Applications->Utilities" folder.

If the problem persists, I would like to gather a PocketMac System Report from your computer . Please run PocketMac for BlackBerry 4 as you would normally do. Regardless of whether the sync is successful or not, please send me the report as it will contain useful information.

Getting a PMSystemReport from your computer:

1. Open PocketMac SyncManager.
2. Go to Help->System Report. This will create a ‘PMSystemReport’ on your desktop. The report will take a few moments to generate.
3. Email me the 'PMSystemReport' file regardless of the results.

I will go over the report and get back to you as soon as possible.

Here's what I wrote in the recent support request:
This is the third time that I've filled out this form. The last time I did not receive any information or even a confirmation, so I'm assuming that it did not go through properly?

The first support request was closed due to inactivity (RQST00004863699), but I received no help at that time. The support rep simply instructed me to call and pay for help. Then, PocketMacAnne found a thread I had posted on in the support forums. She instructed me to try and fill out a support request again, so here I am.

PocketMacAnne indicated that there were a couple of issues that were not known when I'd filled out my original support request. The first is that the blackberry 8130 required a new driver for "high speed devices". I downloaded and installed that driver. It caused a few changes in the behavior of the Pocketmac software but still did not allow me to update my calendar.

PocketMacAnne further indicated that there was some sort of conflict with the Logitech Control Console. While I would like to have full use of my mouse, it is less important to me than having a "smart" (updated) smart-phone. So, I removed the Logitech package, but still I am unable to sync with iCal.

Here are the details listed previously:
I have a 1.83GHz MacBook Pro (Intel Core Duo) running OS X 10.4.11. 
I have a 8130 Pearl v4.3.0.97 on platform 3.1.0.51. I have never 
been able to sync with iCal. The program freezes every time and I 
have to force quit of the helper application. The program log acts 
as though it worked.

-=-=
Since then, I've uninstalled the LCC, uninstalled pocketmac, reinstalled pocketmac, and reinstalled the high-speed drivers. Additionally, I used the DataPurge and SyncClean helper apps.

Like before, the sync appears to be functioning normally. When it gets to the part where it syncs the calendar it gives me a warning message: "The next window you see may be a Sync Alert window. This is a way for the Operating System to protect the internal databases of the Mac during the syncing process. This only happens for each database (iCal calendar and tasks) the first time you sync with a new device. If you see a Sync Alert window, make sure the box that deletes the contents remains UNCHECKED, and that you click on the ALLOW button to continue with the sync. Click OK to continue."

As before, Pocketmac acts like it is working but hangs on the iCal sync. Activating the "force quit applications" window shows the ISyncRimCalendar highlighted in red and marked as "(not responding)". Stopping the nonresponsive ISyncRimCalendar allows Pocketmac to "finish" and the log looks like this:

[03:10:44.101] Synchronizing calendar
[03:11:01.677] Made the connection
[03:11:01.937] PocketMac version 4.0
[03:11:03.036] Synchronizing iCal with BlackBerry Calendar
[03:11:03.046] Reading data...
[03:18:10.290] 0 changes/new records.

I have the advanced preferences set to overwrite the device and to only update selected calendars. The selected calendars include an active calendar that is set as the default calendar for items generated on the device. It does not make a difference if that calendar is selected to be the default "Pocketmac" calendar. Either way it gives the same result (as indicated above).

PocketMacAnne also indicated that I could send in a PMSystemReport. However, I can not determine where the PMSystem Report is generated. While in Pocketmac, there is the help menu option of a "System Report" but selecting it does not seem to do *anything*. Oh, that's because it will only write to the default directory (desktop) if the default filename does not exist. I renamed the old PMSystem Report and generated a new one--both of which are included here. (it doesn't seem to allow me to include both, so hopefully I'm just including the current one which is saved under the default name PMSystemReport.txt

My frustration level is through the roof. I've wasted untold hours on this problem. I'd resigned myself to paying the ETF and getting an iPhone, which I would guess is still going to happen. 

At least I have a record of it this time... 

M@ 
New Contributor
My Device: Blod 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi all,

I have experienced the same issue with PocketMac for OSX 10.5. I have tried all methods that peer users have suggested, before seeing this, but not working. My issue is not only with iCal, but also address book.

PocketMac can't sync contact with names in foreign language, especially, Chinese. And it always hangs when I tried to sync either with my Macbook or Macbook Air or iMac. I have tried all combination of methods including changing international language setting of my Mac and 8310, reinstalling PocketMac, going to service provider link to get update of my 8310 firmware, etc. 

I have to send the whole address book from my 8310 to my Macbook or iMac (OSX 10,4) through bluetooth. Then, create an address book archive and copy this to my Macbook Air (OSX 10.5) (p.s. 8310 can't send whole address book to OSX 10.5 Mac via bluetooth).

I can never sync any contact with Chinese between Mac and Blackberry.

I did everything Ann M. suggested, but my new Curve will NOT sync anything with my Mac using PocketMac.  I keep getting the following error:  "06:51:38.237 Unable to connect to Blackberry (error 1); skipping."

I have spent no less than 3 hours trying to figure this out and I will have to return the Blackberry, if it doesn't sync. I installed everything suggested (the downloads, patch, etc.).  What else can I do?

Can you help???

I am having similar issues on my new 8700r

The warnings generated are as follows

[10:38:06.908] An unexpected error has occurred: Bad default category length.
[10:40:37.612] An unexpected error has occurred: *** class error for 'Documet': class not loaded

I am on MAC 10.4.1

Please help as well as all the tasks and notepad features in BBerry have picked up and loaded all my calendar events

I use Address book and iCal

thanks for any assistance 

[ Edited ]

I have spent no less than 3 hours trying to figure this out and I will have to return the Blackberry, if it doesn't sync. I installed everything suggested (the downloads, patch, etc.).  What else can I do?"

Please consider my humble opinion.  I just got the 8330 for sprint and am having the same problem.  Now it seems to me that you have a MAJOR need for syncing.  So major that you would return the whole phone if you can't do it.   I downloaded Missing Sync and tried it free for 15 days, at the end of the trial I found that it was worth the measly 40.00 to keep this luxury.  I would suggest you give missing sync a try... guaranteed to work!

Message Edited by Jaie2008 on 05-28-2008 12:25 PM
Message Edited by Jaie2008 on 05-28-2008 12:26 PM
Message Edited by Jaie2008 on 05-28-2008 12:27 PM
Contributor

Missing Link where do you get this? it sounds perfect.  I agree BB should develop a desktop manager for Mac users.  But how do you get the BB ungrades for your BB if you are a TMobile customer? Help and please don't tell me to find a person with a IBM computer and download.  
Contributor

Re: Pocket 4.0.2b / OS X Leopard 10.5.2 / Blackberry Curve 8310 4.2.2.170 w/ Calendar update

Missing Link where do you get this? It sounds perfect.  I agree BB should develop a desktop manager for Mac users.  But how do you get the BB upgrades for your BB if you are a TMobile customer? Help and please don't tell me to find a person with a IBM computer and download.