Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

PocketMac & 8330 NOT working on MacBook

I have followed all of the tips and tricks I've read so far in this forum and can't get PocketMac to "see" my blackberry curve 8330.  I know the USB is working because the blackberry is charging while it's plugged in - but the sync keeps generating a "skipping" error.

HELP!!!

Thanks so much!

Developer

Re: PocketMac & 8330 NOT working on MacBook

Did you download the latest Desktop Software and Device Software from the website. That might fix the problem.
If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)

Yes - I have downloaded, installed, uninstalled, re-downloaded the newest PocketMac software and the associated patch about 3 times in the last two days... to no avail.  =(

Each time I try one of the "fixes" I've read about in these forums, I'll uninstall and then reinstall the software and patch.  I uninstalled PocketMac and the latest patch again today after it failed several times to sync properly.

New Contributor
My Device: 8330

I have had the same exact problem with my Macbook Pro. I also tried Mark Space and I get the message USB-dealloc. 

I also have  a big problem when I try to use my 4gb. Micro SD card. After I insert the card and load the pictures back on I am unable to receive calls because they go directly to VOICEMESSAGE and they appear as Unavailable. Verizons not very knowegable when it comes to the Blackberry  so, that is why I am asking  to see if anyone else has had the same problem and hopefully a solution.

Thank You in advance

Charlene Lewis
Qualified Career Consultant
Passion 4 Life
lens2003355_1213572573img_2332_2.jpg
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

[ Edited ]

FenixRizingLLC wrote:

Yes - I have downloaded, installed, uninstalled, re-downloaded the newest PocketMac software and the associated patch about 3 times in the last two days... to no avail.  =(

Each time I try one of the "fixes" I've read about in these forums, I'll uninstall and then reinstall the software and patch.  I uninstalled PocketMac and the latest patch again today after it failed several times to sync properly.

Sorry if this is repetitive, but have you tried the process of manually removing the USB drivers? I had the same problem with my MBP and 8330, and this finally solved the issue.

Instructions here (you will need to reinstall PocketMac first):

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&view=by_date_ascending&message.i...

Edit-- You might also try the possible solution offerred in the following thread if the above doesn't work:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=blackberryformac&view=by_date_ascendi...

Message Edited by edjm on 07-22-2008 08:12 AM
New Contributor

Removing the drivers was the last fix I tried... there were two files named to be removed (Blackberry.kext and blackberryUSBdev.kext). 

I found the second file, but not the first file.  I only had BlackberryUSB.kext and blackberryUSBdev.kext.  I removed both and it still didn't work.

I'll check out the other fix you've linked to and let you know if it works...  fingers crossed!!!

Thanks!

New Contributor

I just tried that second fix (choosing Serial Port) but the only options that came up were Bluetooth and LGVX options.

=(

Still unable to sync my new Curve with my MacBook.  such a bummer... and I'm not about to spend $60 to call Blackberry support!!

Contributor

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you Fenix...

It's crazy that we have to try all these work arounds in the first place, but even without those problems PocketMac is a very lackluster solution. RIM is going to have to create a real solution (BB Desktop equivalent) for Mac users if they really want to be in the consumer/prosumer market.

Contributor

One more thing you can try... submitting a support request directly to the PocketMac folks:

http://www.pocketmacsupport.net/?section=inquiries&action=composesubmission

New Contributor

Ok... I submitted a request... I'll keep you posted on how this turns out.  Thanks for your help!!