Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

PocketMac and copying files???

Can someone tell me how you would copy an mp3 file, photo, or video from your desktop to your Media Card (MicroSD Disk on an 8820) using the PocketMack software? ... or what the workaround is to get those kinds of files from your PC to your BB.  Thanks for any help.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8300

Re: PocketMac and copying files???

Hi!

In version 4.0.20b of PocketMac, you can use the Finder to copy your files.  (The next version, being tested now, has music and photo syncing built in!)

First: assuming your BlackBerry is already set up to use as a Mass Storage device:

Open your Finder.  Locate the BlackBerry MicroSD card. It will appear in the same area where your USB Thumb drive appears.  Open it and you can work with it like any other USB memory storage area.  (You can even rename it: I changed my Pearl's MicroSD card name to Minnie so I'd recognize it faster.)

You will see a folder called BlackBerry, and under that, the separate folders for music, photos, movies and ringtones.

Open another finder window and locate the files you want to copy there, and drag and drop into the appropriate folders.

And keep your eyes peeled for the next version of PocketMac, because that stuff will be built in.  

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
Contributor

Thanks for the assist!  It really helps if you turn on the Mass Storage Mode Support on the BB first (Duh). After that, everything worked just like it was intended.  Thanks again.
New Contributor

First: assuming your BlackBerry is already set up to use as a Mass Storage device:

I've got Mass Storage enabled and changed Auto Connect from Prompt to Yes. The 2 GB MicroSD is not showing up in Finder. It does show up in Apple System Profiler and Disk Utility but as an unmounted volume. The Blackberry Pearl 8130 shows up in PocketMac but all I'm interested in is transferring stuff to the BB. It would be great to get the photos and movies taken off the phone some day. I'm not interested in syncing anything as both the Macbook Pro running Leopard and the phone already synch with a Blackberry Exchange Server.
I've done the PocketMac install without restarting and then installed the updated drivers and restarted. I also deleted and re-installed the driver and restarted.
There's no mention of Mass Storage anywhere in the PocketMac manual. I'm glad to see this capability being developed for the Mac. Keep up the good work but it's not working yet for me!

"I've got Mass Storage enabled and changed Auto Connect from Prompt to Yes. The 2 GB MicroSD is not showing up in Finder. It does show up in Apple System Profiler and Disk Utility but as an unmounted volume. The Blackberry Pearl 8130 shows up in PocketMac but all I'm interested in is transferring stuff to the BB. It would be great to get the photos and movies taken off the phone some day. I'm not interested in syncing anything as both the Macbook Pro running Leopard and the phone already synch with a Blackberry Exchange Server.
I've done the PocketMac install without restarting and then installed the updated drivers and restarted. I also deleted and re-installed the driver and restarted."
 We are using 1GB cards, 8130 phones and Intel Macs. We have the same problem with the mass storage device NOT showing up on the Mac Desktop.

The kluge workaround is to put the card in a card reader. The Blackberry Folder and all the sub folders appear just fine. We then loaded the media and re-inserted the card into the phone.

Hello MP3 Ringtones etc...

BTW, the Windows Mass Storage works, but our windows machine is running XP.

RIM; any chance the 8130 needs an Intel Mac Driver update? 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

When I changed the songs on my 2Gb card, i had to do hard restart for the changes to occur on my phone.  Have you tried to remove the battery and replace it?  That may reset your system to work properly.