Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8300

Re: PocketMac v4.1 DOES NOT START at all (after installation and restart)

I am currently syncing 3 phones with my one Entourage 2008 account: an 8300, a 7280 and a 9000, and all are syncing. 

If one device works and another doesn't, one question I would have is this: does the second person have their own login on the shared Mac?  If so, do they have Admin permissions, or reduced permissions?

If all is the same, try that System Report I mentioned earlier, and post it to pocketmacsupport.net, we'll be able to help sift through what errors might be occurring in that case.

Thanks!

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
Regular Contributor

Hi!

Looks like this was a crash report, and that's a good start.  Have you also run the PMSystem Report from the Help Menu and submitted it to the support reps at pocketmacsupport.net?  There are critical messages in the console log and system log that tell our reps the sequence of events that occurred before the error message.

I'll send this along to the support team, but they may not be able to tell enough from it without the rest of that file... would you do that?

Many thanks!

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

Our home network comprises an old G3 iMac running OS X 10.4.11, which until a few days ago was able to syncronise with a Blackberry 8310, we believe using the previous version of Pocketmac. After a recent crash we clean re-installed the system and also PocketMac (latest version). The new PocketMac seems incompatible with a G3 (see log below). Any idea where the older version of PocketMac is available from?

Thanks 

Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Build 8S165)

2008-10-18 14:32:58 +0100

----------->>>> tempLocale 0

en

----------->>>> tempLocale 1

2008-10-18 14:33:14.583 SystemUIServer[195] lang is:en

dyld: incompatible cpu-subtype

Oct 18 14:34:43 paola-marchesinis-imac crashdump[269]: PocketMac SyncManagerOEM crashed

Oct 18 14:34:43 paola-marchesinis-imac crashdump[269]: crash report written to: /Users/paola/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/PocketMac SyncManagerOEM.crash.log

Initial install went fine, but initial sync quite half way through -

next attempt to start PocketMac app results in an error indicating that "The application PocketMac SyncManager quite unexpectedly"

so, THEN, complete uninstall (including removal of files in library prefs and app support).

Upon Reinstall - Pocketmac still won't start up with or without the phone connected.

still get errr above

repeated uninstall/installs result in exact same behavior.

Opened a ticket a few days ago (last weekend maybe?) - no reply from pocketmac.

So am opening another now per this thread and am enclosing the crash reports from Anne's post - please help.

thanks.

I have a blackberry Curve and a new Mac notebook.  I have installed PocketMac 4.1. for Blackberry and I keep getting this error "The application PocketMac SyncManager quit unexpectedly.  I uninstalled it and re installed it an am still getting the same error!

Please Help! 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi!

Make sure that if you have any other sync software installed on the Mac, you uninstall it first, and then reinstall PocketMac.

Now, if you still get unexpected quits, we'd need to look at your system report to see what kinds of error messages your Mac is reporting.  Sometimes it has trouble with data on your Mac, especially if  you have been using it for a long time.  Sometimes it's fighting with another application for the use of the USB port. And there are many other things that could cause it.  The support engineers at PocketMac can help you for free at the site below my signature.  I encourage everyone to check it out.  They are answering everyone within 24 hours.  Have a great weekend!

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team

Thanks for coming back to post your solution VZW_BB_8330. It worked for me perfectly after including one easy extra step in emptying trash before installing newest version.
New Contributor

how do you know which are the pocketmac files with .plist ?

I think I have solved this one.  I uninstalled , reinstalled, etc but nothing worked, until I removed the "media" card. Suddenly it worked!  Then I reinserted the media card, and it still started and synced.

Intel iMac and 8130  with  v 4.5.0.77   

Visitor

[ Edited ]

Help!!!  I am having the same problem!!!  I am running OS 10.5 on my MacBook Pro and have installed PocketMac 4.1.25 with Driver Update 3.1.3B.  After purchasing a Sprint  BB 8330 the other day, I went to the PocketMac website and downloaded the software, it worked great the the first time I launched it, however, when I went to try to sync the next day, I could not get PocketMac to launch (bouncing icon, not responding).  I have tried the solutions on various web forums and reinstalled the software more then 5 times, I have called Sprint (absolutelty no help, could not transfer me to BB Support).  I see from this thread that there were a lot of people that experienced the same problem a while back.  Did you all find a solution? Give up? or get rid of your BB and/or Mac?  Switch to a different syncing software? Please help, I need a fix.

Message Edited by ctpj on 02-21-2009 01:30 PM