Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: PocketMac v4.1 DOES NOT START at all (after installation and restart)

The PocketMac support say:

"try opening SyncManager without the BlackBerry connected"

I try and run OK.

Thanks

Ruben

New Contributor

If the PocketMac (including the sync manager) does not open, then this won't really work...

I am having exactly the same problem.  I carefuly uninstall the application, search for all references to PocketMac and delete those, reboot my machine, and then reinstall.  I still get the bouncing icon and "application not responding."  I have done this at least 5 times!

I would just switch to missing sync except for the fact that it does not support categories for tasks.  I have tried it and end up with a huge list of taks all labeled "entourage" which is not very helpful.

I do hope someone has an answer or that folks from RIM or PocketMac are actually reading this forum.

I tried Missing Sync also.  Does this support Entourage or just the Apple products?

I am having the SAME issue as everyone else, except BEWARE... when I did get it to work, it completely killed my phone.  I have the Blackberry Pearl and have synced on my pc before, but just bought a mac, downloaded the software, got it to sync once about 3 wks ago and then WHAMMO my phone completely dies.  It went into some mode where it'd turn on, litle hour glass turns over and over on a white screen, the security settings were verified and then turned off and repeated for 4 hours.  Luckily I had two weeks left on my warranty period, otherwise I'd be left with a completely worthless phone.

So, beware if you do sync, it killed my blackberry!

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8300

Hi all,

Is anyone getting a crash report or hang report from Mac OS X which they could either send me, please?

I'm happy to share this with our engineers, but I'm sure they'll ask me for more information. 

Alternatively, you are welcome to contact us directly at the URL below. I'm eager to help.

Thank you! 

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
New Contributor

Hi Anne

This is the error message i get when the software fails to open. I had to limit it slightly due to size. Pleas let me know if you require the rest of the error message. My experience of the failure is similar to everyone. My blackberrry i bought in May-08 and my power book is a few weeks old. I hope we can get some help on this

Thanks

Dave

Process:         PocketMac SyncManagerOEM [241]
Path:            /Applications/PocketMac SyncManager/PocketMac SyncManager.app/Contents/MacOS/PocketMac SyncManagerOEM
Identifier:      PocketMac SyncManagerOEM
Version:         1.2 (1.4)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [100]

Date/Time:       2008-09-07 18:38:33.633 +0100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E25)
Report Version:  6

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** -[NSURL initWithString:relativeToURL:]: nil string parameter'

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   com.apple.CoreFoundation          0x95c18ff4 ___TERMINATING_DUE_TO_UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION___ + 4
1   libobjc.A.dylib                   0x94da40fb objc_exception_throw + 40
2   com.apple.CoreFoundation          0x95c18f2b +[NSException raise:format:arguments:] + 155
3   com.apple.CoreFoundation          0x95c18f6a +[NSException raise:format:] + 58
4   com.apple.Foundation              0x90860cb3 -[NSURL initWithString:relativeToURL:] + 355
5   com.apple.Foundation              0x90860b32 +[NSURL URLWithString:relativeToURL:] + 82
6   com.apple.Foundation              0x90860ad1 +[NSURL URLWithString:] + 49
7   net.pocketmac.SyncManagerMedia    0x004724fb +[LibraryController iTunesLibraryURL] + 164
8   net.pocketmac.SyncManagerMedia    0x00472ca4 -[LibraryController readLibrary] + 45
9   net.PocketMac.BlackBerryPlugin    0x00423e62 unmountVolumeIfFound + 4035
10  net.PocketMac.BlackBerryPlugin    0x00423f6b unmountVolumeIfFound + 4300
11  net.PocketMac.BlackBerryPlugin    0x0042da01 unmountVolumeIfFound + 43874
12  PocketMac SyncManagerOEM          0x00003034 0x1000 + 8244
13  PocketMac SyncManagerOEM          0x000033d8 0x1000 + 9176
14  PocketMac SyncManagerOEM          0x000064ad 0x1000 + 21677
15  com.apple.CoreFoundation          0x95c27955 -[NSSet makeObjectsPerformSelector:] + 181
16  com.apple.AppKit                  0x91c60be6 -[NSIBObjectData nibInstantiateWithOwner:topLevelObjects:] + 1533
17  com.apple.AppKit                  0x91c56e12 loadNib + 264
18  com.apple.AppKit                  0x91c56774 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) _loadNibFile:nameTable:withZoneSmiley SurprisedwnerBundle:] + 946
19  com.apple.AppKit                  0x91c563b7 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibFile:externalNameTable:withZone:] + 171
20  com.apple.AppKit                  0x91c562f5 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibNamedSmiley Surprisedwner:] + 391
21  com.apple.AppKit                  0x91c55fa4 NSApplicationMain + 434
22  PocketMac SyncManagerOEM          0x00002322 0x1000 + 4898
23  PocketMac SyncManagerOEM          0x00002249 0x1000 + 4681

Regular Contributor

Hi,

Well, I'm not a support engineer, but it seems to be the problem is related to iTunes support.

What version of iTunes are you running on your Mac, please?

Thank you! 

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport

I was using itunes 7.x when I reported the problem. I just upgraded to 8.0, restarted, and still have the same problem.
Regular Contributor

Just to be sure... you have opened iTunes and clicked through the license already, right? Now, logically, this should not hinder the opening of the program itself.  (In testing, when I tried to sync my 8300 with a "new" update of iTunes, before I had clicked through the iTunes license, the program just gave me an error message and continued syncing with the other features. No freezes or hanging of any kind. I fixed the iTunes license and my playlists are syncing beautifully with my BlackBerry.)

I want to give some reports to our development team to find out why some of you are having this difficulty...  this didn't happen in the beta testing pool, so we need to get more information about how your system may be behaving differently.

Could I enlist your help, and from everyone reading this thread who is experiencing this problem?  I would like to get some data about your Mac to give to our dev team.  To do so, there are 2 methods:

If you CAN open PocketMac for BlackBerry and see the PocketMac SyncManager window, connect your BlackBerry, wait a few seconds, and then please click on Help, and System Report.  This will place a file called PMSystemReport.txt on your Desktop.

If you cannot open PocketMac SyncManager, please download this file to run this report independently: http://www.pocketmac.net/public/PMSystemReport.sit

After you have the report, please enter a FREE Support Request on the http://www.pocketmacsupport.net site, and attach that report.  This way, our support engineers can either identify something to try changing in your Mac settings, and/or forward the report to the dev team to see if they can spot any conflicts in there.

(When you see all the data in the report, you'll see why I don't ask you to post it in here!)

Thanks for your help!

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team