Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 8330 Alltel

Re: PocketMac v4.1 DOES NOT START at all (after installation and restart)

Having the same problem. Tried the one fix suggested and deleting files in library support and it did not work.  The other fix referenced a link to pocketmac file to generate report but that is a dead link. This is 4.125 that is not working any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330

I get the same problem, same exact error. Since Blackberry Desktop does not work on VISTA, I decided to try it on Macintosh using PocketMac 4.1, but to no avail. It seems they do not test their product properly at all and the issue never gets resolved by their support. Now, I am not able to use any desktop software for my blackberry at all. Nothing works. I t only works on Windows XP and I got laid off as a QA Engineer and now I do not have that computer any longer.
_________
Take Care,
Donna :-)
djmolinari@sbcglobal.net
TH
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

:smileyvery-happy:  Mystery solved! I had issues with Pocketmac not opening (bouncing icon). I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times that it was not funny. Determined to figure it out, I stubbled across the Blackberry Media Software for Mac, installed it in hopes that maybe it would fix something. The software installed and it indicated that It was not compatible with my iTunes and that I need the latest version. I checked and I did have the latest 8.1, so then I assumed the Pocketmac issue was attributed to an issue with my iTunes and in fact it was!

How to fix:

1) Back up (copy) your iTunes music and files to your desktop.

2) Completely uninstall iTunes with these instructions http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1224, complete the entire instructions

3) Reinstall iTunes

4) Open iTunes, accept the agreement and go through the setup. Close iTunes and copy your files back in your Music ITunes folder.

5) Open Pocketmac and enjoy syncing with Entourage

Contributor

It started!  Hooray!  It still won't sync and comes up with the infamous skipping error, but at least PocketMac runs.  

I uninstalled PM, used Spotlight to locate most of its bits and pieces, and followed various sets of suggestions to find more PM shreds in the nooks and crannies of my Mac's libraries.  I then installed some OSX updates and rebooted; downloaded and installed PM and rebooted again; and downloaded and installed the driver updates and rebooted yet again.  I then left it alone, as I didn't want to get mad after all that work.  Tonight I plugged in my Pearl Flip and clicked the icon, and PM opened as though there were never a problem to start with.

Now I'm off--trudging, not skipping--to discover what wonders the skipping error will reveal.  Thanks everyone for posting and to pocketmacann for being supportive.

Contributor

Last post on this thread for me.  It turned out that changing USB ports (just swapping cables with the neighboring port's occupant) fixed it.  I've now synced the contacts with Address Book and the calendar with iCal.  I posted a separate thread explaining what I did, or at least what I remember of it, as some of the thrashing I did is now a blur.  Good luck, all!
New Contributor

Have can not get pocketmac to works on my MBP. I have read several post and followed the step with no change the Powermac icon just bounces like a jack russell puppy trying to get my attention. Does anyone have the fix for this.

:womansad:

New Contributor

did you ever find out how to fix your problem. Im having the same issue and want to fix this can you help. Im not willing to give up either the phone or my mac. lol
Contributor
My Device: 8330 Alltel

The problem was in the settings.  On the connection it was set to serial port instead of USB.  Believe that if you go through system preferences and then network and delete serial port associated with it.  I don't remember exactly how I fixed it but it was definitely the port being on serial.  Sorry couldn't be more help but deleting everything did not help just changing the port.

I use PocketMac to sync my blackberry curve with my iMac and have been happy with it for a year.  

I bought a new macbook to use for work, and I have the same problem.  I have unintsalled, deleted everything, reinstalled, tried "restart" both before and after the driver update, uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, nothing works.

Is there some way to "officially" get support for this app?  ATT Store was no help, Pocketmac told me to ask RIM, but I don't see any real help here.

The quick fix:
First, quit PocketMac SyncManager. If you can't, then right-click or Ctrl-click on the icon in the dock, and chose "Force-quit".

Next, in the finder, click the Menu bar->Go->Home->Library->Preferences. Find the file PocketMacBlackberry.plist, and drag it to the Desktop.

Then, re-launch PocketMac SyncManager.

All of your existing settings will be erased, so you'll need to re-select all of your settings. If everything works now, then you can trash the file you earlier moved to the desktop

Enjoy