Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Pocketmac 4.1 does not USB sync with blackberry 8300 - someone please help

any updates?
New Contributor

Not yet.
New Contributor

I have a BB 8830.  Had the same problems with my new Aluminum MBP.  Pocketmac yesterday sent me an invite to beta test "DriverUpdate.3.1.2" (for the new Aluminum MacBooks and users running 10.5 Leopard -- I have an Aluminum Macbook Pro).  IT DID NOT WORK.  Perhaps it works ONLY for Aluminum Macbooks.  Oh well.  Could syncing the BB be the ONLY reason to switch back to Windows????
New Contributor

Sorry to hear the patch does not work.  I asked to be a beta tester today.  The issue is with the latest released MacBooks.  New firmware or something.  I sure don't want an iPhone.  RIM and PocketMac should be able to resolve this.
New Contributor

UPDATE - It works!  Make sure you enter your BB password in the connections tab.  But it definitely works on Aluminum MBP.
Contributor

Can anyone else with a new MBP confirm this works?
New Contributor

Still doesn't work for me.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

To clarify, I installed the latest version along with the Aluminum Macbook USB driver update patch that Pocketmac sent to beta testers -- DriverUpdate.3.1.2.  You can email Pocketmac at supportmanager@pocketmac.net for the link to download.  I made sure I completely uninstalled any prior version of the Pocketmac and plist file(s).  Then I reinstalled Pocketmac; rebooted, installed the DriverUpdate.3.1.2; then rebooted.  Then I went into the Pocketmac configuration and set my BB 8830 to ovewrite the Entourage 2008 elements (contacts, calendar, tasks, notes).  Make sure you enter your BB password in the "connections" tab.  Then I pressed Sync and it took a few minutes. Then I reset the values from "overwrite" to "sync."

Note: that the progress bar quickly gets to the halfway point and seems to stop.  I guess the 1st half is the handshake, then it syncs for a few munites and then finishes without any tone or pop-up.  This is different from the PC version where you actually see the details of the sync as it progresses and it will ask to confirm additions and deletions (the Mac version does neither).  Also the PC version makes a sound upon successful completion.

Message Edited by dels7080 on 11-26-2008 11:46 AM
New Contributor

I have a powerbook 12" running 10.4.11 and  I have the same issue and also when i plug directly into the USB port I get a message on the phone that the USB charging current insufficient and I need to have a powered USB port. My computer is plugged in and it happens with both ports on my laptop. you can't get better than that. I see these post are a month old and the same issue exists so is blackberry addressing this?
New Contributor

I installed update 3.1.1 on my powerbook 12" running 10.4.11 and I still get the skipping message and the USB charging current is insufficient. Its plugged directly into the computer and the computer is plugged in as well. The USB ports are fine. I did get it to sync a few times before it started acting up again but there was missing data so the sync was not complete. How many months does it take for them to fix this?