Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Pocketmac 4.1 does not USB sync with blackberry 8300 - someone please help

I don't know if this was because of the PocketMac Sync but later in the afternoon I had some serious USB issues.  My USB trackball and keyboard froze.  The MB keyboard worked but not the trackpad.  I wound up doing a hard restart.

I strongly suspect this is related to the PocketMac USB issue.

Contributor

thanks, still no dice for me, sadly.  out of curiosity, do you have a logitech mouse?  i heard the 'logitech scroll enhancer' input manager wreaks havoc on any machine it's installed on.
New Contributor

I have tried to install the USB updated drivers for pocketmac v4.1 for the Storm.  When I try to add the install it shows the driver as being locked.  Does any one know how to unlock it?  I had the 8830 and it worked just fine but not with the Storm...
New Contributor

I volunteered to beta test the driver update from PocketMac directly.  I have an 8310.  I installed the driver from the link they provided and synched perfectly, and quickly.  the driver I got was 3.1.2. 
New Contributor

I just downloaded the new driver 3.1.2 and it works great! I have a Blackberry 8830 and the new MacBook Pro. I found it on the PocketMac website. The link says new Driver 3.1.1 for the new MacBook and Blackberry Storm, but when you download it, it comes up as 3.1.2.

Hi, I'm also frustrating myself with my bb8300 and pocketmac. I've just download again the drivers and I have only the version 3.1.1. Does someone know how to get this version 3.2?
Contributor

Yes.  I have a Logitech Marble Mouse.  I should uninstall their software to see if that helps.

As for the people having trouble installing the updates, did you reinstallPocketMac First?

Before I downloaded the update patch, I downloaded the the version of PocketMac in the first link on the page.  Then I restarted as prompted, went back to the page, downloaded the update, installed it and restarted again.

It seemed unnecessary since I'd already downloaded and installed PocketMac before, but I did it anyway because that's what the instructions on the page said.

I don't know if that's the reason it works for me and not for others.  Has anyone gone through the same steps as me and still failed?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

i've completely uninstalled everything, and i'm re-downloading the pocketmac + driver update (even though the driver version says 3.1.1 in the file name)

i'm going to first, install pocketmac.

restart.

then install the driver update.

and restart again. 

will report back. 

Message Edited by chris_n on 12-03-2008 12:04 AM
New Contributor

Just downloaded the v4.1 USB driver update from Blackberry.com, installed it, rebooted, and now am able to sync full calendar and contacts (Entourage 2008) from my new (October '08) aluminum MBP to my BB8820.  Didn't bother uninstalling the old version of pocketmac.  Finally!!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

edit: nevermind.  i searched goog. for the driver update and found it.  works now!  yay!

Message Edited by chris_n on 12-07-2008 01:30 PM